Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Delineation II: The Enduring Horizon (Jan 27, 2010)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrMorbid
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Delineation II: The Enduring Horizon (Jan 27, 2010) Reply with quote

"The Enduring Horizon"
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Akhenaton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ho ho ho- Now that was tasty! The best I have read. Thanks, Tom!
Marcin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something is coming ;]
Akhenaton

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

. . Yeah man- you can almost feel the amps warming up & buzzing in the back. Eloquence married to Riffage!- sounds like something a certain Swiss boy might be interested in . .
Elohim

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prose-poetry. Very nice hint for what is to come. Is the cover art of Eparistera Daimones printed with these small texts? I do hope the lyrics are included as well, not like the latest Devin Townsend release where only snippets of the lyrics are published.
Deni

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elohim wrote:

Quote:
I do hope the lyrics are included as well, not like the latest Devin Townsend release where only snippets of the lyrics are published.

During the CF career, it only happened one time, in 1988.
I don't think it will happen again.

Deni
Elohim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get a lot of new products lately for review and a lot of bands produce snippets of lyrics on brightly coloured pages, and it annoys me to death. You have lyrics, you got something to say: say it. Indeed, CF always published their lyrics so I bet it won't be different with Triptykon. And it's something else when you write text supporting the lyrics, which always happened on the later Savatage albums. You got the story, and you got the lyrics. But I consider the later Savatage albums more like musicals than metal albums. The music is quite better than Andrew Lloyd Webber (although he has written some intriguing music), but it's nowhere near the class of Savatage's first three albums.
Akhenaton

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

. . The explanatory texts meant alot to me. I had previously only encountered this in Jazz albums from the 50-60's. Alot of wonderful albums had text from the creator himself, or a knowledgable commentator.- Another reason why 'Monotheist' is on another level of accomplishment & artistic depth.
DrMorbid
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elohim wrote:
I get a lot of new products lately for review and a lot of bands produce snippets of lyrics on brightly coloured pages, and it annoys me to death. You have lyrics, you got something to say: say it. Indeed, CF always published their lyrics so I bet it won't be different with Triptykon. And it's something else when you write text supporting the lyrics, which always happened on the later Savatage albums. You got the story, and you got the lyrics. But I consider the later Savatage albums more like musicals than metal albums. The music is quite better than Andrew Lloyd Webber (although he has written some intriguing music), but it's nowhere near the class of Savatage's first three albums.

That's actually why Jon Oliva closed the chapter on Savatage, finally. People were waiting, including their last singer, and it never happened. He finally came out and said there won't even be a Savatage farewell. If we want to see Savatage, go and see TSO, as TSO is more Savatage than the last incarnation of Savatage was, especially since, to him, it stopped being Savatage when Criss was killed.

The explanations of Monotheist were pure class and added to the value and allowed me to have a stronger connection with the music, while still preserving the mystery.
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Elohim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc, you like Savatage? What do you think of JOP?
DrMorbid
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not huge into Savatage, but I have more than a passing bit of knowledge about them.

I was thinking of speaking about Pain, but I haven't heard anything yet. I really do wish they'd do something with Zak again, or bring him into the TSO shows (did they ever???). To me, Gutter Ballet was where Savatage began to become TSO, and the lineage is present, with the overlap being Dead Winter Dead.

As far as Tom's posting, I want to spend a bit more digesting it, as it seems like there could be way more to it than the surface. Either that, or I'm doing a typical forum thing and over-thinking Wink
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
Akhenaton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In light of today's Press Release, & our own contemplation on the printing of the lyrics, accompanied by the possibility of 'liner notes'-: looks like "all of our prayers have been answered"!~~ Everything about the complete package: the album, the book, the new band introduced at Roadburn; everything is so well aligned. (& not necessarily all by design)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: