Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Detailed "Itinerary...bootleg style" coming...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Trade Info Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zane Reed Johnson
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Detailed "Itinerary...bootleg style" coming... Reply with quote

For anyone interested in bits of CF history, I am finally completing the work on the long-overdue "Bootleg Itinerary" I promised...oh, about 6 years ago. The following is a sample of what is coming. It might interest no one, I suppose...

+

REHEARSALS

Date: July to September, 1984
Project: Rehearsals to develop material for the recording of the "Morbid Tales" album.
Exist as: Audio recordings.
Notes: A handful of different recorded rehearsal sessions exist from this period. Only one appears to be "complete" from one session. The rest are "fragments" (a few songs per session). These have circulated constently since the 1980's. It is interesting to note that the first "official" rehearsal session with Isaac Darso as the drummer did result in one new song developed that was recorded on to cassette tape at that time. This tape was lost, and has never appeared in any trading circles at all.

+

RECORDING SESSIONS

Dates: October 8 - 15, 1984
Project: "Morbid Tales" album
Producer: Horst Muller
Notes: No "outtakes" or "alternate versions" exist from these sessions. All songs recorded were released.

+

REHEARSALS

Date: Spring, 1985
Project: Rehearsals integrating new drummer Reed St. Mark. Preparations for "Emperor's Return" recording sessions and forthcoming live concerts.
Notes: No recorded rehearsals likely exist.

+

RECORDING SESSIONS

Dates: April 8 - 12, 1985
Project: "Emperor's Return" 5-track EP
Producers: Celtic Frost & Reto Rietmann
Notes: These songs were originally intended as demonstration tracks for the record company to illustrate Reed St. Mark's full integration into the band. The 4 tracks were submitted to the record company in their demo form. The record company then remixed all 4 recorded tracks and released 3 of them on the "Emperor's Return" EP. The 4th track from these sessions was finally released on the "Parched..." compilation in 1992. The original demo versions were in trading circles until 3 were released on the "Morbid Tales" remaster from 1999.

+

"EMPEROR'S RETURN" TOUR

Date: May 17, 1985
Venue: Grabenhalle
Exists as: Video recording; Audio recording (sourced from the video).
Notes: A band rehearsal/soundcheck at this venue also exists in audio form.

Date: May 31, 1985
Venue: Zum Rebstock
Exists as: Audio recording.

Date: June 1, 1985
Venue: Sudhessenhalle
Notes: A supposed video of this show was circulating in trading circles. However, the video was misidentified, and was actually the St. Gallen show from May 17, 1985.

Date: June 2, 1985
Venue: Bessinger Turnhall

+
www.celticfrost.com
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com

Last edited by Zane Reed Johnson on Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
D
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Detailed "Itinerary...bootleg style" coming... Reply with quote

Zane Reed Johnson wrote:
It might interest no one, I suppose...

<--- Very interested Smile I look forward to the rest.
the neverman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Detailed "Itinerary...bootleg style" coming... Reply with quote

Zane Reed Johnson wrote:
For anyone interested in bits of CF history, I am finally completing the work on the long-overdue "Bootleg Itinerary" I promised...oh, about 6 years ago. The following is a sample of what is coming. It might interest no one, I suppose...

+

Date: June, 14 1985
Venue: Zane will tell
Exists... period. and this would be fukkin great to know already...

ok, ok I must of been dreaming...
but on the other hand, maybe this is what we can expect from furher infos from Zane...

anyway, I for one am very interested in any info about those gigs from the, well, lets say golden years...
Zane Reed Johnson
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Detailed "Itinerary...bootleg style" coming... Reply with quote

the neverman wrote:

Date: June, 14 1985
Venue: Zane will tell
Exists... period. and this would be fukkin great to know already...

ok, ok I must of been dreaming...
but on the other hand, maybe this is what we can expect from furher infos from Zane...

anyway, I for one am very interested in any info about those gigs from the, well, lets say golden years...

Ha! We never have found Vienna, have we? Remember Chicago, '87? Both exist, but have yet to actually appear. I, too, would *love* to finally have Vienna surface...
www.celticfrost.com
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
the neverman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Detailed "Itinerary...bootleg style" coming... Reply with quote

Zane Reed Johnson wrote:

Ha! We never have found Vienna, have we? Remember Chicago, '87? Both exist, but have yet to actually appear...

*bummer*

and youre not mentionning that dude who claimed to have Chicago '86 (yep, the 1st US date from May 31st 1986) BUT who NEVER wanted to trade it out...
Crying or Very sad
motherfukkin he!!!
Evil or Very Mad
Zane Reed Johnson
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, you're right - I meant '86, not '87. After all that time, the guy who claimed he had it never found it. I think he was fooling me, there...not the first time that ever happened Very Happy
www.celticfrost.com
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
Wurm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Zane,

I was just checking around here and I noticed you were mentioning the aborted Chicago show at the Metro from '86.

I know this was a few years back, but did you ever manage to snag a copy from someone?

If not, I just recently acquired it. 6 tracks, roughly 30 mins.
Zane Reed Johnson
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wurm wrote:
Hey Zane,

I was just checking around here and I noticed you were mentioning the aborted Chicago show at the Metro from '86.

I know this was a few years back, but did you ever manage to snag a copy from someone?

If not, I just recently acquired it. 6 tracks, roughly 30 mins.

Absolutely - I'd love to finally have this one for the CF Archive! Feel free to PM or email me at zane.reed.johnson@triptykon.net. And I hope I still have something to trade that would be of interest...!
www.celticfrost.com
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
Wurm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your e-mail Zane. I couldn't pm you or respond to your pm due to some error message. I sent ya a screen shot of the error.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Trade Info Exchange All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: