Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Triptykon and its entry in metallum.com?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LK Thurisaz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've researched and posted bands and reviews at that sight.

Their main reason why Triptykon is not on there yet is because, technically, they do not have an album released yet. Despite the fact the album is in the press and industry, their page, while likely all put together and everything, is likely not up due to the fact that they have no album available yet.

Obviously, this will change on March 23rd.
bobbyIII

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrMorbid wrote:
I think their policy has now been tested and is now proving to be behind the evolution of technology and the exchange of information on that new thing called "The Internet".

I know, that name sounds as ridiculous to me as the concept of remote people being able to connect with one another through it.

I mean, really. There are now three songs up online, with thousands of plays that demos may or may not have gotten. What is this bullshit formality of needing a demo? We have real fucking music, right fucking now. They should list them as songs, if they have to, or "myspace release". Hell, they want proof? Screencap the myspace page and go to it and listen. Done.

They really need to get with the times. It's not a huge deal, I guess, but I just got a laugh out of the silliness of this policy when there is real music out there now. Even BNR beat them to it. Metalsucks, and other sites beat them to it. Metallus seems to be putting their hands over their ears and going "la la la", pretending what the rest of the metal community worldwide knows doesn't exist.

Which was the exact same problem I had trying to get my project listed on Metal Archives, no "PHYSICAL RELEASE"...it didn't matter that my EP was available for free download from several (legal and otherwise) sources to anyone who wanted it, or that it had been reviewed on 'REAL" metal review sites. It wasn't considered "REAL" (and they called my project an "internet band" like it was meant as some sort of insult...) simply because I never made a physical CD or cassette available to the public. After several very frustrating emails back and forth with a moderator there, I finally told the guy that it was exactly this line of thinking that got the entire music industry into the un-salvageble mess it's currently in, that being, "If we just IGNORE everything outside of what we know and are comfortable with, then it really DOESN'T EXIST." The guy eventually responded and said that if and when larger, more well known bands have digital only releases, then and only then might they reconsider their current qualification process. I guess ultimately, like someone mentioned previously, it is their site and their rules, it still irked me that here was a very respected metal site acting like complete morons over something they are going to have to eventually change anyway...truth be told, I got the distinct impression that they were being pricks about it, just because they could.
DrMorbid
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks to hear. Definitely along the lines of my thinking: demos are expensive and might be disadvantageous in this era. We're long past tape-trading, and music needs to be ready at someone's fingertips (I'm seeing sites saying they will look at music, BUT there MUST be a myspace or homepage with the music and will not accept physical copies). For some, the electronic release as proof of a demo is all they may be willing to do, but it's not automatic that if there is no physical evidence, the band doesn't exist in a form that can be entered into MA, especially in this very specific case of a musician with two decades in the business, at least two other signed musicians in the band, confirmation from the distributor, press releases, and the music already released in one form or another.

Like I mentioned, even BNR put up a page. They at least exhibit variability based on a case-by-case basis, and had they not put a Triptykon page up, their database would have been incomplete in this area.

Don't forget to plug your projects over here on the general forum, bobby. Welcome back to the forum.
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com

Last edited by DrMorbid on Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobbyIII wrote:
DrMorbid wrote:
I think their policy has now been tested and is now proving to be behind the evolution of technology and the exchange of information on that new thing called "The Internet".

I know, that name sounds as ridiculous to me as the concept of remote people being able to connect with one another through it.

I mean, really. There are now three songs up online, with thousands of plays that demos may or may not have gotten. What is this bullshit formality of needing a demo? We have real fucking music, right fucking now. They should list them as songs, if they have to, or "myspace release". Hell, they want proof? Screencap the myspace page and go to it and listen. Done.

They really need to get with the times. It's not a huge deal, I guess, but I just got a laugh out of the silliness of this policy when there is real music out there now. Even BNR beat them to it. Metalsucks, and other sites beat them to it. Metallus seems to be putting their hands over their ears and going "la la la", pretending what the rest of the metal community worldwide knows doesn't exist.

Which was the exact same problem I had trying to get my project listed on Metal Archives, no "PHYSICAL RELEASE"...it didn't matter that my EP was available for free download from several (legal and otherwise) sources to anyone who wanted it, or that it had been reviewed on 'REAL" metal review sites. It wasn't considered "REAL" (and they called my project an "internet band" like it was meant as some sort of insult...) simply because I never made a physical CD or cassette available to the public. After several very frustrating emails back and forth with a moderator there, I finally told the guy that it was exactly this line of thinking that got the entire music industry into the un-salvageble mess it's currently in, that being, "If we just IGNORE everything outside of what we know and are comfortable with, then it really DOESN'T EXIST." The guy eventually responded and said that if and when larger, more well known bands have digital only releases, then and only then might they reconsider their current qualification process. I guess ultimately, like someone mentioned previously, it is their site and their rules, it still irked me that here was a very respected metal site acting like complete morons over something they are going to have to eventually change anyway...truth be told, I got the distinct impression that they were being pricks about it, just because they could.

Admins are one of those "tr00e" metalheads.....
bobbyIII

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrMorbid wrote:
That sucks to hear. Definitely along the lines of my thinking: demos are expensive and might be disadvantageous in this era. We're long past tape-trading, and music needs to be ready at someone's fingertips (I'm seeing sites saying they will look at music, BUT there MUST be a myspace or homepage with the music and will not accept physical copies). For some, the electronic release as proof of a demo is all they may be willing to do, but it's not automatic that if there is no physical evidence, the band doesn't exist in a form that can be entered into MA, especially in this very specific case of a musician with two decades in the business, at least two other signed musicians in the band, confirmation from the distributor, press releases, and the music already released in one form or another.

Like I mentioned, even BNR put up a page. They at least exhibit variability based on a case-by-case basis, and had they not put a Triptykon page up, their database would have been incomplete in this area.

Don't forget to plug your projects over here on the general forum, bobby. Welcome back to the forum.

Yes, it's definitely, utterly, ridiculous in the case of Triptykon. And thanks Doc, it's nice to be back and to have something like the imminent release of ED to be excited about! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: