Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
so can any one tell me whta happened to issac darso??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Celtic Frost General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wingsofthetryant696

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: so can any one tell me whta happened to issac darso?? Reply with quote

Twisted Evil i had an old fanzine called brain damage and it had a story about celtic frost and they were just about to release morbid tales and the picture it had was tom , martin and issac darso on droms?? what happened ?? did any demos with him get made?? any posters ?? pictures??? [/b]
Zane Reed Johnson
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wings,

I'm recalling this strictly from memory, so here goes:

Isaac Darso was the very first drummer recruited for Celtic Frost in 1984. This lasted for only one rehearsal and one photo session only. There were early CF promotional cards with Tom, Martin, and Isaac issued. I think we already have a scan of it somewhere - does anyone out there have it available to post here, in case I can't find it? As far as the actual rehearsal session goes, here's a quote directly from Tom regarding it...

"The very first song written by Celtic Frost (as opposed to 'Visions of Mortality', which was actually still written in Hellhammer) was recorded during the very first CF rehearsal, the only rehearsal with original drummer Isaac Darso. The cassette and song got lost somewhere or accidentally erased during the weeks we were talking to Stephen Priestly about joining CF, which is why the song didn't appear on 'Morbid Tales'. I only remember that it was a slow and heavy song, much like 'Dethroned Emperor'."

I hope this helps.
www.celticfrost.com
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
wingsofthetryant696

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello zane.well i see that there is ademo tape cover fro them with darso. i think its called a thound deaths??.. the guy from noizecrew has it.. tobias i think.
Zane Reed Johnson
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Tobi from Noisecrew possesses one of the only original covers (or maybe it is the only original cover?) of "A Thousand Deaths", which was a planned demo tape that Celtic Frost was going to provide Noise Records. This was to show Noise Records a proof-of-concept for Celtic Frost, since Noise's recording contract with Tom and Martin was actually for Hellhammer. However, Karl from Noise decided to bypass the demo altogether, and instead wanted a mini-LP from Celtic Frost (which resulted in "Morbid Tales").
www.celticfrost.com
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Celtic Frost General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: