Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
New Amarna Sky album

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deni

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: New Amarna Sky album Reply with quote

Hi to all!

Two brand new songs for the upcoming "Under Sekhmet's Breath" album can be streamed at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Amarna-Sky-Official/154088024646006?sk=app_178091127385

Artwork unveiled and more details about the release at http://amarnasky.blogspot.com/

Nile's Karl Sanders and Triptykon's V. Santura are special guests on the album.

Please, take a look.

Grtz!
Galaxigrl68

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Deni! Caught your post on facebook, which links to the Reverb page, and it's great! Hope the rest of you check it out, and support our fellow board member here. Twisted Evil

www.myspace.com/helioscreedtributealbum
Elohim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, already supported in another way ;-) Great new tracks, I am really looking forward hearing the entire album.
Deni

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Under Sekhmet's Breath" is available now in digital and physical versions at CD Baby: http://www.cdbaby.com/

The digital version also is available at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com

For European customers, the physical format also is available at Piranha CD http://www.piranhacd.com/
Info: piranhacd@gmail.com

V. Santura appears on lead guitars on the song "Sekhmet's Breath", a version for the unreleased Celtic Frost's "Honor Thy Father".

Deni
D
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Deni Smile Writing, especially reviews is not really my strong point, but I had to at least jot something down here....

Finally got around to ordering this last month, and its been in on rotation on my ipod ever since. Under Sekhmet's Breath is a killer follow up to Rising Heresy in all aspects. Most noticeable is the higher production value. While there was nothing wrong with the production on Heresy by any means, Sekhmets right from the get go is so clean and crisp. Deni's way of snapping on those drums right before a crushing, crunchy rhythm guitar doom riff is really becoming something I associate with him and compare to him now when I hear similar offerings from the genre. One cant help but just air drum it, and then air guitar it as it flows. Smile The vocals from Aziza A. Poggi are an excellent addition to the tracks shes featured on, my favorite being Inseparable In Death.
Of the many contributors to the album, most noticeable to me were
Mr. Santuras solo on Sekhmets Breath, which rocks, and the now infamous Mr. Wilmars bass contribution is just as killer. For people being a globe apart its really cool how they were able to put this together seamlessly.

Also evident is Deni's genuine love and appreciation of Tom's music. I can hear so much admiration for the Vanity/Nemesis era here, never copying mind you, not at all, but very well influenced and just as well executed. Instantly memorable hooks upon first listen are tough to pull off, and usually something more akin to prog than doomier stuff, but my man Deni manages to bring them both together here, Amarna Sky is evolving nicely indeed.

I also like the graphical presentation of the CD itself. Reminded me of a museum display of Egyptian artifacts with the informational placards under a display case, shiny black backgrounds that force the eye to focus on the gold and earth tones prominent in ancient Egyptian culture. If I were to visit a British Museum and head to the Egypt wing I would not be surprised to see this in the display case at the gift shop.
1349.com
darkfortress.org
Deni

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D,

I don't know what happened, but I'm only reading your review right now, three years later!
My most sinceres apologies!!!

Thank you very much for order the CD and for the very kind words! Your review is just one of the best!

Just to you know, the verses of Inseparable In Death were musically inspired by an old CF song called Seeds of Rapture (92).

And yeah, to work with Mr. Santura was a great pleasure and honor to us! Curt Victor Bryant also really liked the album and of our version for Honor Thy Father, although I think the original Tom's lyrics are much better and deeper.

About the artwork, I would like to have worked with Mattias Norén again, but due a thrash car accident, Mattias wasn't able to do it, sadly. But the concept for the cover is there... A Sekhmet shadow rising into the Roman Pantheon with the seven arrows in hand...

Thank you very much one more time for your time and support!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: