Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Third album
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Durtal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect nothing, but anticipate everything ... nothing from the riffmaster has ever been less than more than I could ever imagine ... I still look at all those albums from the FROST, Appolyon Sun, HellHammer, in the highest regards as masterpieces of fine art ... Triptykon ... although, I admit took awhile to grow on me, has been nothing less than than an exemplary addition to the rich body of work from the riffmaster ... what I could never fully appreciate in the beginning, when I first bought Eparistera Daimones, has only grown in amazement with each listen ... like a fine wine, or scotch, it grows better with time ... or, in this case, each listen brings more of an appreciation to the amount of work that went into creating these masterpieces ... if you really get into the audiophile aspect of listening to these albums, you can always hear something new, even if the nuances are subtle ... I guess I never felt the same way while listening to Slayer ... you can write songs about fondling Satan's nutsack with riffs, and still sound like the Electric Mayhem from the Muppets ... but, stuff like Triptykon comes from a whole different place ... a dark place that can't be conceptualized around a conference table ... Forgive me if I am all over the place with this, as my writing isn't as great as it used to be ... but, my heart is in the right place ... Whatever the new album will be named, I just know that it won't suck ... these guys put their hearts and souls into this stuff, and the riffmaster has never dissapointed! Maybe someday, I'll even get to read In the Ballads of the Swords
Akhenaton

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TODESKING wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:
Akhenaton wrote:
it could be valuable to the band to know what the fans might expect

When the band is in the creative mode, I'm pretty sure that this is not a consideration.

Exactly! That's what i mean when i say "It makes no sense to think about it". Expect the unexpected.
I agree that 'this is not a consideration' when the band are in ' the creative mode'. Nevertheless there 'could be' some value in knowing what some of the hardcore fanbase 'might expect'. To 'expect the unexpected' is a wise comment Todesking, but this doesn't make for much of a discussion imo, & overall the enthusiasm which we bring to speculation, howsoever misguided or potentially futile....

For instance: I expect the 3rd album to be dedicated to Giger. I'm not sure How this will be expressed in the music, as it could be said that the entire 'Triptych' was inspired by him, but I'm projecting that here we may hear a poignant end piece which sums up the mood of the album, & that it will contain a different set of emotions than the 2 previous.

P.S. I don't mean to sound bitchy or anything like that lads. I reread what I wrote & I'm just saying that I, at least, enjoy reading what others expect. I guess that leaving whether or not the band reads this out of it would have been a good move on my part in retrospect.
GigerFrost

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expectations? Well, I will cut this short as thisis exactly what I would love to hear them doing: 4 minute pieces. Straight to the point. No epicness for fucks sake. Stretching songs to 20 minutes does not make them more epic automatically. Morbid Tales is my most favourite album. If only Triptykon would like to pick up a bit of the old vibe again, I would be very very lucky. Will stay loyal, will buy everything featuring the Frost legacy. However, 4 minute thrashers and doomers will do it for me!
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Necromantical Screams" is 6 minutes.

Just sayin'.

CF: 84-93, 01-08. R.I.P.
TODESKING

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i start to love this thread.
GigerFrost

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4:30 then. Last word. ­čśë
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, just like that, "Dethroned Emperor" (4:38 ), "Visions of Mortality" (4:46), Dawn of 'Meggido" (5:47), "Fainted Eyes" (5:05), and "Circle of the Tyrants" (4:39) are consigned to the ash heap of history. Oh woeful day.

CF: 84-93, 01-08. R.I.P.
GigerFrost

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, I'm not into bean counting. Songs just shouldn't FEEL as if they are overly long. And unfortunately many of the Triptykon songs feel as if they are much too long in my opinion. As much as I can see the value of artistic freedom when being in control as a band. However, probably an external producer would be a good idea?
GigerFrost

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, I'm not into bean counting. Songs just shouldn't FEEL as if they are overly long. And unfortunately many of the Triptykon songs feel as if they are much too long in my opinion. As much as I can see the value of artistic freedom when being in control as a band. However, probably an external producer would be a good idea?
VoiVoD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GigerFrost wrote:

He is right with my feet "feeling" The Prolonging at Wacken 2011. I hat a great Metal Day before Triptykon with over 2 hours Priest directly before my 1st Row Triptykon Expirience: Goetica, tons of Celtic Frost and at the end The Prolonging, sorry I went at the middle of the song.

But! What are we w/o In a Gadda da Vida, Salisbury, April, Fly to the Rainbow etc.?

We won't mosh - but we do with all these songs in back!
GigerFrost

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, not much happening here, is it? Will drop by some time next year again.
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom recently visited Tommy Vetterli in his New Sound studio. Would not be a bad choice for the production of the third album... Just speculation.

EDIT: Or maybe a guest appearance on the new Coroner album? Would not be the first time... Just speculation too.

https://www.facebook.com/newsound.ch/
Tom Gabriel Fischer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramon1969 wrote:
Tom recently visited Tommy Vetterli in his New Sound studio. Would not be a bad choice for the production of the third album... Just speculation.

EDIT: Or maybe a guest appearance on the new Coroner album? Would not be the first time... Just speculation too.

https://www.facebook.com/newsound.ch/

I was asked by G├Âtz K├╝hnemeund to do an exclusive interview with Coroner for the forthcoming issue of German magazine Deaf Forever, and that was the reason for my visit to Tommy's studio (there was another visit in Zurich to see Marky).

Tommy's studio is fantastic, but as far as I can see, we will work on the album at V. Santua's studio, as previously.

Tom Gabriel Fischer
peterott

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Gabriel Fischer wrote:
I was asked by G├Âtz K├╝hnemeund to do an exclusive interview with Coroner for the forthcoming issue of German magazine Deaf Forever, and that was the reason for my visit to Tommy's studio (there was another visit in Zurich to see Marky).

Tommy's studio is fantastic, but as far as I can see, we will work on the album at V. Santua's studio, as previously.

Tom Gabriel Fischer

Very nice. Looking forward to this interview. I really hope some questions were about the pre-1985 times about their early "incarnation" with Oliver Amberg. I have a copied demo here which was labelled as "Coroner Demo '83" but which I ignored (thought this is a fake) as it sounded totally different until I've found out that there was actually an old incantation of Coroner from an interview with Martin in Voices From The Darkside in 2008 (www.voicesfromthedarkside.de/interviews/hellhammer.htm)
Miyu_Yan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of my most anticipated releases possibly ever. I look forward to it, whenever it might arrive. I've been patiently waiting for what seems like an eternity haha. I'm sure it will be worth it, plus I've waited much longer for other albums from a couple of different bands in the past >.>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: