Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Celtic Frost Remastering Sessions 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Celtic Frost General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spiral architect 67

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be great if some of the tracks from the Under apollyon sun sessions were included on one of the reissues, but seems unlikely. I still love Pearl of love to death, yes I know the main riff was used on My domain of decay, but I like POL more. Prime evil rapture is also great.
drterror666

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiral architect 67 wrote:
It would be great if some of the tracks from the Under apollyon sun sessions were included on one of the reissues

Definitely not going to happen.
peterott

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading the latest story of Tom in the German Deaf Forever zine, it doesn't look good currently on these re-releases.

Story background summary: Liner notes are not liked by the record company and they want to remove them in fear of getting sued (think it is the ITP linernotes if I remember correctly) and due to this "censoring" from the record company it seems Tom is on the verge of skipping his further support for this project.

Maybe Tom can comment here a bit more.
drterror666

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't BMG release them anyway regardless?
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
Reading the latest story of Tom in the German Deaf Forever zine, it doesn't look good currently on these re-releases.

Story background summary: Liner notes are not liked by the record company and they want to remove them in fear of getting sued (think it is the ITP linernotes if I remember correctly) and due to this "censoring" from the record company it seems Tom is on the verge of skipping his further support for this project.

Maybe Tom can comment here a bit more.

The whole work can not have been in vain... Tom?
DL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the reissues can and will come out. ITP in particular is a dear favorite to me since when it was new.
If the liner notes needs to be shortened/censored for that to happen, I have full faith in that Tom will make sure that the whole thing will be included in the planned sequel to the Only Death Is Real book. Maybe that battle can be better suited to be described there anyway?
Tom Gabriel Fischer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drterror666 wrote:
Can't BMG release them anyway regardless?

Yes, they can. They can do with the classic celtic Frost albums whatever they wish. They own the rights to them.

As for the state of the project: the Celtic Frost reissues are as good as finished, and I think they are scheduled to be realeased approximately in April or Mai.

I am no longer a part of this project, however. As outlined in my regular column in Germany's Deaf Forever magazine (and also soon on my personal blog), a number of problems arose in the course of the gestation of the new edition of the albums (or, more precisely, in the course of the reprocessing of the individual histories behind the albums).

BMG Rights UK, the owner of all rights in the former Noise Records catalogue objected to my specially created, extensive liner notes (commissioned by BMG, no less) that also detailed the various problems that existed between Noise Records and Celtic Frost in the 1980s. In such a historical context, the topic of the conflicts between Noise Records and the band had to be included, as these problems had a significant impact on the creation of the albums in question.

Since I originally drafted my Deaf Forever column (approximately two months ago) the situation has further deteriorated. I would like to state that it was always possible to communicate in a very civilised and constructive manner with BMG and BMG's legal department. But I am not inclined to allow anybody to censor me after having been a part of the music industry for 35 years. Not least because of the difficulties we suffered with Noise Records, I am a fully independent musician these days and not only retain full control of all my current projects but also run my own record company and my own music publishing company and produce all of my records (as well as those of other groups).

Instead of agreeing to severely censored remnants of my liner notes (several variations have been proposed to me), I thus retracted my drafts and concluded my cooperation with BMG Rights. I am no longer able to endorse this reissue project, and I thus personally would not recommend its purchase to Celtic Frost's audience if asked, as it no longer reflects the band and its intentions but rather the manner of procedure already pursued by Noise Records in the 1980s.

Besides forthcoming information about this situation on my blog, I am sure numerous interviews this year will allow me to further comment on these events.

Tom Gabriel Fischer
drterror666

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one's a bit of a fine line between artist expression and what BMG's legal department would view as libellous. It's sad that, as an artist, you can't say exactly what you want, but I guess BMG also didn't want to potentially get sued. Business and artistic expression don't always mix!

Still, you could add it to the updated version of Are You Morbid?
Paulie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I am terribly disturbed at the notion of TGF being *censored* by the label in order for the label to somehow "save face," I am GRATEFUL that Tom has his own blog, and indeed this site, where his original and uncensored words could certainly be published - Tom, when these reissues come out, please do let us read your words as you intended them!

All the best,
PAULIE
drterror666

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that Tom has distanced himself from these reissues and no longer endorses them, but I feel that it would be a shame to turn my back on them, seeing all the work that went into remastering them. They may possibly sound the best they're ever going to!

I only wish that Tom had been sole owner of this music and could have brought it all out on Prowling Death Records, but there you go.
Tom Gabriel Fischer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drterror666 wrote:
I only wish that Tom had been sole owner of this music and could have brought it all out on Prowling Death Records, but there you go.

We (Martin and I, initially) had attempted to make exactly this happen for many years. Unfortunately, we were unable to persuade the current owners of the respective rights.

Tom Gabriel Fischer
drterror666

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect that's because the owners know they own a potential cash cow and don't want to let it go without a fight (or a vast bag of cash). In my opinion, Morbid Tales, To Mega Therion and Into The Pandemonium are three of the greatest albums ever. There aren't many albums from back in the day that I still play, but those are three that I do; they're bloody eternal! So, logically, if you owned the rights to those, how much would you need to have to buy them back? That's even if the rights owner was interested in selling them!
babylon777

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Gabriel Fischer wrote:
I am sure numerous interviews this year will allow me to further comment on these events.

Hmmmm....
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Release Date: June 30th, 2017 Exclamation

Pre-order: http://webstore.earache.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=celtic%20frost
drterror666

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why anyone would wany to buy Innocence And Wrath, because the first three albums contain all the classics anyway. These will be available cheaper elsewhere at some point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Celtic Frost General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: