Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Delineation II: Differing Points Of View (May 17, 2017)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Celtic Frost General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Delineation II: Differing Points Of View (May 17, 2017) Reply with quote

"Differing Points Of View: BMG/Noise Records' Celtic Frost Reissue Albums"
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, have you noticed the massive errors on the Into the Pandemonium back cover?
The credits from To Mega Therion are written on the Into the Pandemonium back cover Exclamation
You did not mention that in your Blog.
Tom Gabriel Fischer

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramon1969 wrote:
Tom, have you noticed the massive errors on the Into the Pandemonium back cover?
The credits from To Mega Therion are written on the Into the Pandemonium back cover Exclamation

Well, I haven't been involved in the project since the very beginning of February, and I thus never received the final files, which I originally would have used to do a word by word check (as we and our A&R partner at Century Media always do it individually with every Triptykon release).

Having said that, I did point this out to BMG (in spite of my standpoint on the reissues), and they now sent me a different file.

I can't say I would be sad if this was released with such a major mistake on it, however.

Tom Gabriel Fischer
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Gabriel Fischer wrote:
Ramon1969 wrote:

Well, I haven't been involved in the project since the very beginning of February, and I thus never received the final files, which I originally would have used to do a word by word check (as we and our A&R partner at Century Media always do it individually with every Triptykon release).

Having said that, I did point this out to BMG (in spite of my standpoint on the reissues), and they now sent me a different file.

I can't say I would be sad if this was released with such a major mistake on it, however.

Tom Gabriel Fischer

Certain stories seem to repeat over and over again. Now it looks fine.
DK777

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a couple of days ago, I was going to post a bit of speculation, the gist of which was, "Do I consider buying these reissues as a fan of the band and someone who'd hope--perhaps naively--that doing so would put some money in Tom's pocket?" His "Differing Points Of View" blog entry makes that a moot point, it seems.

And this leads to a related point (and a chance to pay the man a compliment): Tom's integrity is laudable—well beyond merely noteworthy—in a situation where there might be some profit in simply swallowing his frustration and letting the fans buy the reissues. While I don't want to say I'm brainwashed, I must say I'm convinced: I've never before found myself so closely aligned with an artist whose work I both admire and enjoy tremendously... as that artist is saying, "I can't endorse this presentation of my work."

(Sorry--way too much "I" in a note that's really about TGF's artistic integrity...)

Last edited by DK777 on Thu May 18, 2017 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
MEGIDDO

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I note the subtle detail of the similarity of the frame around the cover of To Mega Therion with the Eparistera Daimones cd cover.
Good HR Giger artwork relation.
drterror666

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'd like to know, Tom, is if your ever going to print the uncensored text of your liner notes on your blog or even on this forum?
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEGIDDO wrote:
I note the subtle detail of the similarity of the frame around the cover of To Mega Therion with the Eparistera Daimones cd cover.

+Melana Chasmata
Deni

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramon1969 wrote:

Quote:

"The face of Nemesis
Under Pandemonium credits"

But due the Tom and Santura remastering work, how let the new editions passing by?
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DK777 wrote:
And this leads to a related point (and a chance to pay the man a compliment): Tom's integrity is laudable—well beyond merely noteworthy—in a situation where there might be some profit in simply swallowing his frustration and letting the fans buy the reissues.

Unless I'm quite mistaken, Tom disclaimed all royalties at the time that Celtic Frost dissolved.

CF: 84-93, 01-08. R.I.P.
Tom Gabriel Fischer

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knucklehead wrote:
Unless I'm quite mistaken, Tom disclaimed all royalties at the time that Celtic Frost dissolved.

You are entirely correct about this.

Any involvement of mine in any Celtic Frost affairs is thus driven by artistic reasons.

Tom Gabriel Fischer
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Gabriel Fischer wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:

You are entirely correct about this.

I have to say, all these years later, I am still astonished by the decision. I understand needing a clean artistic break, but walking away from a not-insignificant income stream is something that, I think, very few people would do. Especially when that income stream is residual from their life's work.

Kudos, my friend.

CF: 84-93, 01-08. R.I.P.
drterror666

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knucklehead wrote:
I understand needing a clean artistic break, but walking away from a not-insignificant income stream is something that, I think, very few people would do. Especially when that income stream is residual from their life's work.

Tom is seriously true to his art.
Deni

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEGIDDO wrote:

Quote:

It's probable this frame around the cover of TMT was the original Tom and Martin idea in 1985, since one of the Giger conditions to the use of the painting for the CF cover was not to print no logo over it.

I'm sure Giger would be (or who knows he is) proud of this last edition.

The layout and designs of all the releases are brilliant. Excellent job!
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deni wrote:
It's probable this frame around the cover of TMT was the original Tom and Martin idea in 1985, since one of the Giger conditions to the use of the painting for the CF cover was not to print no logo over it.

HELLHAMER send the request to HR Giger in 1984.

"To Mega Therion - An Album By Hellhammer"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Celtic Frost General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: