Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Coroner - "Autopsy"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Celtic Frost General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zane Reed Johnson
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Coroner - "Autopsy" Reply with quote

I haven't been around much lately as I've been busy with a 4 year-old, but I finally was able to pick up a copy of the DVD/CD "Autopsy" set from Coroner. Normally, this wouldn't go in the Celtic Frost thread, but there are too many CF ties in this set that I think it is relevant in the CF thread.

First of all, the first DVD, the "Rewind" documentary. Both Tom and Martin are interviewed, as well as Karl, so there are definite CF tie-ins here. An essential part of the documentary (and I wish it would have been a longer clip) is a clip of Tom recording his vocal track for "The Invincible" off of the "Death Cult" demo.

On one of the extras on the DVD 3 is the infamous November 16, 1986 show with CF, Kreator and Coroner at the Volkhaus venue, specifically with Tom coming out on stage and singing "Spectators of Sin" with Coroner. If you've read "Are You Morbid?", Tom references this moment, especially him singing the lyrics off of a piece of paper in his hand. Sure enough, that's exactly what happens. It's an audience film, but it's essential to see.

I highly recommend this set. If you are in North America, the DVDs are in PAL only (they are region free, though). Even if you aren't necessarily a Coroner fan, this is an essential piece in the history of Swiss metal and metal, in general. I picked this set up for only $12.65, so it isn't unreasonable.

I'm interested in what others' opinions who have seen it.
www.celticfrost.com
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com

Last edited by Zane Reed Johnson on Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
drterror666

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coroner were an amazing band and one I caught live back in the 80s. This will definitely be worth checking out.
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Coroner - "Autopsy" Reply with quote

Zane Reed Johnson wrote:
On one of the extras on the DVD 3 is the infamous November 16, 1986 show with CF, Kreator and Coroner at the Volkhaus venue, specifically with Tom coming out on stage and singing "Spectators of Sin" with Coroner.

I remember.
Nocturnal Dimension

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been recently checking out Coroner albums on You Tube because apart from the No More Color cassette I have had for a long time and a video or two I remember back in the day I never heard all their material. I missed a lot! the RIP Lp is great , very talented and diverse thrash Metal with classical sections. I should get this release. just yesterday I was looking through their Discogs listings and saw this DVD. looks interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Celtic Frost General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: