Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Delineation II: Presence (Jul 28, 2017)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Delineation II: Presence (Jul 28, 2017) Reply with quote

"Presence"
Akhenaton

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I hear Tom on this one. I was born in 78, so just a baby & on the tail end of that decade, but old enough to know now that everyone who came of age in the 70's experienced an explosion of brilliant music, the like of which, we'll not see again for a long while. For instance, we have LA Woman by The Doors recorded & released early on...Lots of people think of them as a 60's band but their best album (arguably) was 70's... & the list goes on & on. I see his point as well on how it may be futile for bands to attempt to resurrect That feeling & That sound, but he is a great creator of music & must think forward. For alot of general rock/metal fans on a night out, they want to hear that 70's sound & this explains the popularity of the bands giving them that... Or, at least, the facsimile of that.
drterror666

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would argue that the artistic melting pot that created so much great music started way before the 70s with Rock 'n' Roll and probably began to start skidding to a halt by the end of the 90s, when, in my opinion, anything and everything had been done. Saying that, there are plenty of amazing bands these days who take bits from what came before and mould it into incredible music.

As for The Doors, LA Woman came out when Jim was fat and bloated, and his voice just wasn't the same. I would argue that their best music was in the mid-late 60s. LA Woman was their most commercial album and, therefore, sold in great quantities, although not as much as their classic debut, which went quadruple platinum in the US and Canada, and double platinum here in the UK.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: