Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
The Celtic Frost Reissues: My 2 Cents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drterror666

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Gabriel Fischer wrote:
One could be prompted to think that it seems to be the new flavour of the day to assume that the last person interested in Celtic Frost is the one who wrote all of the band's music.

Tom Gabriel Fischer

I'm just sorry you're having such a shitty time of it, although I suppose it comes as no surprise!
Deni

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What finally changed my mood and prompted the tweet was the fact that BMG saw fit to hold a Celtic Frost reissue launch party in London but did not inform me about it. I found out about it from a friend/fan. Imagine how pathetic: there is a release party of my music, my lyrics, my ideas, my contributions, and I have to find out - at this point in my career - from an uninvolved third party.

Holy shit! A bit too much indeed!

Deni
Deni

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DL wrote:

Quote:
No, you got me a bit wrong there, I had already pre-ordered the 2-cd collection only (not all the reissues), and just minutes after having opened the plastic wrapping, I saw that tweet.

My apologies for the mistake!

Quote:
The two planned books though, I'm definitely buying them as soon as pre-orders are possible. You bet!

+1 I hope Tom includes some chapter(s) about Apollyon Sun too.

Quote:
And I know the Kiss analogy isn't water proof ... Wink

Gene Simmons is currently working on a box release, featuring 150 unreleased tracks, after the Kiss 2014 remastered vinyl reissues of the entirely discography and "The Singles Box" on vinyl/CD.
DL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listened to the Morbid Tales bonus tracks on Spotify. Unsurprisingly, the audio quality is a hell of a lot better than on that old cd bootleg I have! Great listening, incredible performances. One could only wish (dream) for an expanded "everything finally done right" release some day, with a whole extra cd of such rehearsal recordings, and, of course, Tom's original uncut liner notes. But CF's history seems cursed with weird sabotages etc... Wasn't there talk about a live dvd after Monotheist? All these grand "what if"s... A constant battle with Murphy's law.
Nocturnal Dimension

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DL wrote:
Listened to the Morbid Tales bonus tracks on Spotify. Unsurprisingly, the audio quality is a hell of a lot better than on that old cd bootleg I have! Great listening, incredible performances. One could only wish (dream) for an expanded "everything finally done right" release some day, with a whole extra cd of such rehearsal recordings, and, of course, Tom's original uncut liner notes. But CF's history seems cursed with weird sabotages etc... Wasn't there talk about a live dvd after Monotheist? All these grand "what if"s... A constant battle with Murphy's law.

yeah , we can only hope, as the only officially released physical visual document of CF still is the Hammersmith show (I think) from CL era - on VHS .
Microverse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fuss about this release got me back to tis forum for the first time in 7 years Very Happy . And I still remembered my password Shocked
Didn't know it was still running until Tom posted Zane's 2 cents on the blog.

When I saw these reissues being announced I just knew shit like this was coming up!! Some things just never change...

I did wonder why the hell isn't Dethroned Emperor on the best of album? And why are Morbid Tales and Emperor's Return separated? Seems strange after these two being together on CD since '87.

Into The Pandemonium seems like a great release to buy on vinyl though, with the right tracklist (Tristesses vs Sorrows) plus all the bonus tracks.
VoiVoD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 1st CD is NCD 003.

Front Cover from Emperor's Return.

Inlay "What is a CD"-Blah and in this Inlay information written in standard letters.
Tom Gabriel Fischer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Microverse wrote:
And why are Morbid Tales and Emperor's Return separated? Seems strange after these two being together on CD since '87.

They were never supposed to be together, as they each reflect a completely different line-up and different era.

Noise Records of course didn't give a flying toss about such minutiae in the 1980s and simply assembled one of their worst CDs ever, mixing these utterly different eras, using the EP cover, and calling it Morbid Tales. I won't even comment on the "booklet".

I lack the words to accurately describe how much we hated that and how much we disagreed with it. This is why I set the record straight when I was still involved with the current reissues. Now the entire To Mega Therion period is properly united on one album, as it always should have been.

Tom Gabriel Fischer
drterror666

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got both EP versions of Morbid Tales and Emperor's Return, which I bought just after they came out (at Shades in London, naturally). I had no idea until much later that there was an American LP version of Morbid Tales. Very confusing. At least I know the truth these days.
Nocturnal Dimension

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was just the opposite for me here in the States. I bought Morbid Tales as the full Lp. I found out much, much later that in Europe is was short a few tracks and was released as an an EP there.
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Microverse wrote:
And why are Morbid Tales and Emperor's Return separated? Seems strange after these two being together on CD since '87.

They were never supposed to be together, as they each reflect a completely different line-up and different era.

Why was this not changed on the '99 Remaster of Morbid Tales? Means, adding the original Zurich mixes from Emperor's Return to To Mega Therion. I have only one explanation for this. Morbid Tales would be too "short", and To Mega Therion too "long". From the point of view of the record company, of course.

Noise Records of course didn't give a flying toss about such minutiae in the 1980s and simply assembled one of their worst CDs ever, mixing these utterly different eras, using the EP cover, and calling it Morbid Tales. I won't even comment on the "booklet".

The very worst issue on this CD (NCD 003) was for me the fucked up track list. Luckily, I was able to program my CD player to have the correct sequence. (1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9,5,11,10)
ApolloXI

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drterror666 wrote:
I've got both EP versions of Morbid Tales and Emperor's Return, which I bought just after they came out (at Shades in London, naturally). I had no idea until much later that there was an American LP version of Morbid Tales. Very confusing. At least I know the truth these days.

I miss Shades. Smile
drterror666

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApolloXI wrote:
drterror666 wrote:

I miss Shades. Smile

Did you visit it much, as you come from the US?
ApolloXI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drterror666 wrote:
ApolloXI wrote:
drterror666 wrote:

I miss Shades. Smile

I'm originally from the UK (Kent) and going to Shades was like a pilgrimage. I remember meeting Tom there one time during their Vanity Nemesis tour.
drterror666

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApolloXI wrote:
drterror666 wrote:
ApolloXI wrote:
drterror666 wrote:

I miss Shades. Smile

I'm originally from the UK (Kent) and going to Shades was like a pilgrimage. I remember meeting Tom there one time during their Vanity Nemesis tour.

I'm from Dartford in Kent originally Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: