Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Delineation II: The End Of Celtic Frost (Apr 2, 2018)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Celtic Frost General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject: Delineation II: The End Of Celtic Frost (Apr 2, 2018) Reply with quote

"Ten Years Ago Today - The End Of Celtic Frost"
MEGIDDO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celtic Frost is without doubt one of the two bands with Black Sabbath having given me so much pleasure with their music.
It is therefore natural that this band also inflict the most personal disappointment in this domain with:

1 - the first time I saw the press photo accompanying the release of Cold Lake. I was lost beyond description, here, like a moron in the store with the magazine in my hands ... So futile and essential at the same time.

2 - this official announcement, 10 years ago. Some seconds after the shock, I wondered how did they get there after realizing the most sensational artistic resurrection I've ever seen?
I immediately thought that the contribution of the third man might have interfered with the demanding and fragile cohesion between Tom and Martin on which the success of the project depended in the long term.

Nevertheless, Celtic Frost is and will always remain THE band apart from all others, knowing that I don't and won't personally know any of the protagonists of this drama.
The magic of art can affect so unexpectedly and paradoxically...
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The End Of Celtic Frost - Aftermath"
Nocturnal Dimension

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEGIDDO wrote:
Celtic Frost is without doubt one of the two bands with Black Sabbath having given me so much pleasure with their music.
It is therefore natural that this band also inflict the most personal disappointment in this domain with:

1 - the first time I saw the press photo accompanying the release of Cold Lake. I was lost beyond description, here, like a moron in the store with the magazine in my hands ... So futile and essential at the same time.

2 - this official announcement, 10 years ago. Some seconds after the shock, I wondered how did they get there after realizing the most sensational artistic resurrection I've ever seen?
I immediately thought that the contribution of the third man might have interfered with the demanding and fragile cohesion between Tom and Martin on which the success of the project depended in the long term.

Nevertheless, Celtic Frost is and will always remain THE band apart from all others, knowing that I don't and won't personally know any of the protagonists of this drama.
The magic of art can affect so unexpectedly and paradoxically...

I would add to these two pivotal times in CF history - the first break up in '93 . I for one thought they would never get back together especially after nothing happened for so long without hearing any news of even a rumor there would ever be a reunion . Also, it was the end of a great era of music in general and it was a sign that the music world was changing , not necessarily for the better
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The End Of Celtic Frost – Aftermath (Continued)"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Celtic Frost General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: