Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Cold Lake
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Celtic Frost General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Gabriel Fischer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEGIDDO wrote:
the authentic logo (for me)

For me, too. I designed it, after all.

Said logo, and Steve Warrior's utterly fantastic Shield Logo, will always remain the authentic Celtic Frost logos.

As for the reissues, it might make sense to wait a few more months on that.

Tom Gabriel Fischer
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Gabriel Fischer wrote:

You have my attention.

CF: 84-93, 01-08. R.I.P.
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I understand this correctly? There are reissues planned by the reuisses?
Tom Gabriel Fischer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am writing this carefully, as it is still somewhat tentative. With the help of our manager, we have discussed and negotiated for years to make available the Celtic Frost albums that were languishing in the archives of Universal Music and then BMG Rights, after the demise of Noise Records and the Sanctuary Group. It was a pathetic situation to see Celtic Frost's album's unavailable, while these corporations refused to license the rights to Prowling Death Records/Century Media Records for a proper re-release (and the owners of the rights would thus have made a profit without moving a finger).

It appears now that the albums will finally be reissued this year, and that I will be significantly involved in the process. If this proves to become fact, I will do my best to make them sound even better than the 1999/2000 reissues, and I will attempt to be as true as possible to the original appearance of these albums.

Tom Gabriel Fischer
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Godspeed.

I would definitely be interested in something like that, it if pans out.

EDIT: I just thought of something, because you made that observation in this thread, does that mean that Cold Lake is getting the super-deluxe reissue treatment? Surprised

Deni

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic news, Tom!
I'm really glad to know about it.

I bought on December, V/N and Parched reissued on 2006 by Sanctuary Records with a crystal tray, where appears the pictures of the others CF albums. Really nice but also out of print. I tried to get the others albums with this crystal tray, but I don't found them... Except for the detail of the trail, they are exactly the same 1999-2000 reissues editions.

Maybe you think crazy or totally out of question an idea that comes to my mind right now:
Would be possible to reissue Parched as a double CD, with the second disc featuring the 92 four tracks and Nemesis of Power demos, in the tradition of the Hellhammer Triumph of Death and Satanic Rites release?
If I can to help anyway, please let me know.

Knucklehead wrote:

Quote:
I just thought of something, because you made that observation in this thread, does that mean that Cold Lake is getting the super-deluxe reissue treatment?

For sure for us collectors, it would be really cool. And finally the Cherry Orchards EP (with all your details) would see the light of the day. But I don't think Tom likes this idea.
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deni wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:

Quote:
I just thought of something, because you made that observation in this thread, does that mean that Cold Lake is getting the super-deluxe reissue treatment?

For sure for us collectors, it would be really cool.

I suspect that the probability of the Abomination being reissued is about the same as me being able to tell a successful joke on a metal forum.

Tom Gabriel Fischer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knucklehead wrote:
does that mean that Cold Lake is getting the super-deluxe reissue treatment? Surprised

I'm not inclined to take this into consideration.

Tom Gabriel Fischer
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knucklehead wrote:
does that mean that Cold Lake is getting the super-deluxe reissue treatment? Surprised

I'm not inclined to take this into consideration.

Tom Gabriel Fischer

A masterful display of self-restraint, there. I would have expected a response with two words of Anglo-Saxon origin: one being "fuck" and the other being "no".

MEGIDDO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEGIDDO wrote:
the authentic logo (for me)

For me, too. I designed it, after all.

Said logo, and Steve Warrior's utterly fantastic Shield Logo, will always remain the authentic Celtic Frost logos.

Tom Gabriel Fischer

Clearly, the info of the year for me . so unexpected .
Hope for Vinyl reissues too .I cannot resist already about dreaming of an edition of Morbid Tales with full red artwork including the Emperor's Return tracks from the MT sessions , original red and black poster included.
Emperor's Return version with b/w poster too. may be a green vinyl ?

I could imagine several personal notes of Mr Fischer -and Mr Ain ?- on inner sleeves ,unpublished band pics . The recording era of To Mega Therion could be highly instructive about the situation of different involved bassists , writing and recording.
Nothing will replace my original vinyl and CD copies of To Mega Therion (again without poster) and Into The Pandemonium. All are first pressings but these kinds of bonus would represent some real assets, IMHO.
ok, I let my enthusiasm carry me right now !
Back in 1984. Throught my eyes, the artistic concepts of Hellhammer and Celtic Frost were the best. Artworks, logos, pics, calligraphy, the labels vinyl and finally , music. There was a real sense and a clear direction throughout the different visible sides of the band works.
All this has aged very very well. It s a sign.
Yes , this is great news . Let's hope reissues will happen in the future.

The Nec-Plus-Ultra would be a re-release of Apocalyptic Raids on vinyl, including the two Death Metal compilation tracks with original artwork. But this is not the right thread to talk about it .Everything in its time ...

Last edited by MEGIDDO on Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a pathetic situation to see Celtic Frost's album's unavailable, while these corporations refused to license the rights to Prowling Death Records/Century Media Records for a proper re-release (and the owners of the rights would thus have made a profit without moving a finger).

Tom, are the owners of the rights Martin & and some other guy whose name you can't recall?

At the time, Century Media asked me, in my capacity as co-director of Prowling Death Records, whether I would be interested in creating a "Monotheist" box with them. I declined; as is well known here on this discussion board, I had resigned completely from Ain GmbH, the company we had once formed to conduct Celtic Frost's business affairs. I had relinquished most of my rights in Celtic Frost to Martin Eric Ain and some other guy whose name I can't recall. I thus advised Century Media to work with Martin in creating the box.

The result is the existing box with vinyl/CD/t-shirt
Tom Gabriel Fischer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramon1969 wrote:
Tom, are the owners of the rights Martin & and some other guy whose name you can't recall?

You are confusing two separate things here.

BMG Rights owns the rights to the former Noise Records catalogue, as described in my above post (they acquired them from Universal Music due to a complaint by the federal antitrust agency). BMG Rights are thus the legfal owners of any Celtic Frost material (and that of other bands) recorded for Noise Records.

I relinquished my personal rights to royalties from the Celtic Frost catalog to Ain GmbH, for reasons I described in detail in my blog and in this forum.

My involvement with the planned 2016 reissues is thus an entirely idealistic and artistic venture. I won't stand to make a single cent of royalties from these releases, and I will only be paid a very modest fee by BMG Rights for my work (input and assistance) in preparing these reissues. Any royalties will go to Ain GmbH and thus, presumably, to Martin Eric Ain and the other guy.

I am doing this for very pure reasons, namely because this is my music and my life's work, which means everything to me.

As for individual vinyl versions etc., my influence is limited. As stated above, BMG Rights could just as well release this without even informing me or involving me.

Tom Gabriel Fischer
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your quick and detailed response. Your idealistic attitude has my utmost respect.
nuke

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears now that the albums will finally be reissued this year, and that I will be significantly involved in the process. If this proves to become fact, I will do my best to make them sound even better than the 1999/2000 reissues, and I will attempt to be as true as possible to the original appearance of these albums.

Tom Gabriel Fischer

This is fantastic! I remember when we shortly talked about something similiar last September, especially about all the CF vinyl being quite rare and expensive these days - I would never have thought that this could happen so soon! Really looking forward to this - great news Tom! Cool

Triptykon Facebook Fan Page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/111028230150/
SigSwat551

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deni wrote:
Sigswat551 wrote:

Quote:
"Downtown Hanoi" is the only song that occasionally comes close to the real Celtic Frost vibe.

You'll find a powerful version of this song on Parched.

I'm waiting your comments about this brilliant CF retrospective. By the way, last month I got a 2006 reissue edition of the album that comes with a crystal tray, what I never had seen before. Nice edition.

Well, good listening, at the maximum volume!!!

I will give my comments in due time. I have a temporal private situation which leaves me very little time to do things besides work and taking care of my family.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Celtic Frost General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: