Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Beast wishes: Pre-orders Begin Jan. 1, 2010
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Hellhammer General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elohim

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Beast wishes: Pre-orders Begin Jan. 1, 2010 Reply with quote

Mod edit: title, sticky, update

I wrote a question on the Bazillion Points blog about the delay of 'Only Death is Real' with the question when it will appear now, since Tom didn't know about any delay.
They thought my response was strange. There actually were photo's added and the book will now appear in early 2010. As an unofficial ambassador of the CF forum, they will keep me in the loop if there is any news available.

What I am wondering is if Tom already has gotten a reply to his mail about why his book is being delayed.

mod update Jan 1, 2010:

Pre-order through Bazillion Points
Tom Gabriel Fischer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Beast wishes... Reply with quote

Elohim wrote:
I wrote a question on the Bazillion Points blog about the delay of 'Only Death is Real' with the question when it will appear now, since Tom didn't know about any delay.
They thought my response was strange. There actually were photo's added and the book will now appear in early 2010. As an unofficial ambassador of the CF forum, they will keep me in the loop if there is any news available.

What I am wondering is if Tom already has gotten a reply to his mail about why his book is being delayed.

I repeat, once again, what I had already written once before elsewhere on this forum: there hasn't been an addition of any new photos - not a single one - ever since my original submission of the book's finished layout earlier this year.

I have not written to Bazillion Points to ask about any delay, as it is not my job to run after such information. It is the publisher's job to keep me, the author, informed on their progress (or lack thereof). I am still awaiting a reply to my last mail to Bazillion Points, dating from mid-August 2009 (!), regarding my conclusion that the book should be shelved indefinitely and that we should possibly pursue separate paths.

I am furious that everybody and their cat seems to receive replies about these events, but not the author of the book.

Tom Gabriel Fischer, Zurich, Switzerland
DrMorbid
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to reserve this space to start linking the different threads about the Hellhammer book and clean up this forum a bit and centralize the info.

Furthermore, I wanted to address another thing-

This site, Delineation II, Myspace, and direct from Tom are the only places you'll get official and up to date information.

Unless you see it posted on the official sites, or direct from Tom, the information has not been confirmed, and/or is not up to date.

Here is the list of the several threads based on the Hellhammer book. I'm consolidating them here and making this thread a "master" thread and closing the others in order to keep the information centralized and reduce confusion. I hate closing threads, however the Hellhammer forum needs to be cleaned up a bit. Merging would not have been an option, in order to preserve the logic of the different threads.

HH Grimoire!
Authored by Tom Gabriel Fischer, Jan. 2007

Link to Tom's previous mention about the status of the book, Sept 24, 2009

ONLY DEATH IS REAL - THE BOOK

Only Death is Real release delayed

DARKTHRONE'S NOCTURNO CULTO PENS INTRO TO HELLHAMMER/CF BOOK
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com

Last edited by DrMorbid on Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:55 pm; edited 8 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
V-GER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also blown away that Wil got a response and not Tom. Maybe they forgot to put some pictures or something like that and won't come clean which is bad business and unprofessional.
DrMorbid
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've cleaned a bit and added relevant links to my post above.

I'm not particularly overjoyed about making such a thread a sticky, but it will serve to purpose and I only ask that we try to keep everything as centralized as possible.
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to apologize, Doc -- this is your guys' house: we just play here.

CF: 84-93, 01-08. R.I.P.
DrMorbid
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my house either...I'm just the cleaning lady.
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrMorbid wrote:
Not my house either...I'm just the cleaning lady.

"There's a Ms. Doc here -- she says she's come about the cleaning!"

Elohim

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is something I have suggested in my private e-mail to Bazillion Points as well: don't take it up with me, but with the author of the book.

Damn, I feel bad right now for stirring up this shit, but on the other hand, if I didn't stir the shit, somebody else would have done it. I want to make clear that I did it with the best intentions, not to do damage along the whole routing of the book...
Elohim

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V-GER wrote:
I am also blown away that Wil got a response and not Tom. Maybe they forgot to put some pictures or something like that and won't come clean which is bad business and unprofessional.

Actually I didn't ask it rightaway to Bazillion Points, but I responded to the Blog. Actually I also found out that the publication of this book is also followed by somebody named Erich, and who was instrumental in pointing out that the 'death grunt' was invented by Paul DiAnno on the second Maiden album 'Killers'. Sound familiar?
Uncle Abyss

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if Paul really invented the death grunt, but I know one song comes to mind off Killers, Wrathchild! Twisted Evil
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Abyss wrote:
I don't know if Paul really invented the death grunt, but I know one song comes to mind off Killers, Wrathchild!

I don't know if it was here or at the old forum, but someone asked Tom that question directly and he said that Paul Di'Anno's vocals were indeed the inspiration for the Warrior death grunt.

So, I guess we might question whether it was an actual death grunt or whether someone had done it before Di'Anno, but we do know it's origin and pedigree in thrash.

As for the developments at Bazillion Points -- all very odd.

Elohim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I am playing the song in the back of my head, but I cannot get it where Paul would have grunted or something...
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elohim wrote:
Actually I am playing the song in the back of my head, but I cannot get it where Paul would have grunted or something...

You can here it here at 1:27, concluding the drum fill. I also recall hearing at other points on the Killers album, I can't think of any examples now.

Elohim

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But that ain't the 'death grunt', but the Uhhh...

On the other hand: if we want to find out who invented the hoarse vocals, we cannot make Tom responsible. Like he and Martin said in interviews: they had Venom as an example. And indeed: Cronos did a version of the death grunt on the early Venom albums. In my vision Cronos laid more foundation for the death grunt as we got to know it from Possessed, Death and Obituary than Tom did. He had a different style: more throat instead of gut. But don't get me wrong: his vocals on TMT were more aggressive than any of aforementioned bands ever sounded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Hellhammer General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: