Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Triptykon artwork (update Feb 1, 2010)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Durtal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to be doing "this" when those riffs are emanating from my sound system!
Kapalika

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vornn wrote:
I like artwork but what about a Triptykon album cover featuring one of Mr.Fischer's death masks with the background shaded in or something ?

"Too personal" maybe as the group isn´t the solo effort of him but a real group.
V-GER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a death mask for all members with some Vincent accents maybe!
Elohim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be awesome...
Akhenaton

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

. . Pink Floyd have an album cover with the group mask concept- A 'Wall' Live record?(In The Flesh?)~~~ I am confident that whatever Tom has chosen, it will be kick-ass;& also something unexpected . . .
vornn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Just an idea. Never meant to imply Tom's running his own gig here.
Akhenaton

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figure that we may be seeing some adverts for the album in the Feb. round of metal mags. The labels seem to usually like running some a month, or a little more, early. If this is the case, there is a possibility that the cover will be included in the ad. So, we may all know within a week or two what that looks like. Of course, it may also just be a 'piece' of a larger image. Exciting though! The release is just around the corner. - Promo copies (for review) will be put out there soon as well,+for+March+mags.+.++
Elohim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am expecting the promocopy somewhere at the end of february, so the artwork will be present then as well, I hope...
V-GER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The artwork on the cover looks fabulous. Looking forward to the work from Vincent!
Akhenaton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah!- this makes sense too. TMT (greek title/Crowley reference/Giger)& ED( all of the former, but with Castiglia!)- This is fucken Wicked!
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see it from here. Rats.

EDIT: the Blabbermouth page worked fine. Interesting. Impaling. Demons on the Left. Bloody portraits. I am intrigued by what the thematic arc of this album will be.

CF: 84-93, 01-08. R.I.P.

Last edited by Knucklehead on Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
DrMorbid
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Press Release

For Immediate Release

February 1, 2010

TRIPTYKON - "Eparistera Daimones" Album Artwork Announced

"Eparistera Daimones", the forthcoming debut album by Triptykon, the group founded by former Hellhammer/Celtic Frost singer and guitarist Tom Gabriel Warrior, is not only musically a leviathan. Remarkably, the album will also feature the epic artwork by renowned Swiss artist H.R. Giger and New York-based surrealist Vincent Castiglia.

In an exceptionally rare gesture, HR Giger has granted Triptykon the use of his dramatic painting "Vlad Tepes" (work no. 412, 200 x 140 cm, acrylic on paper on wood, 1978). It is the artist's first authorized appearance on an album cover in 17 years, and the second time he collaborates with Warrior (following Celtic Frost's "To Mega Therion" album in 1985).

Vincent Castiglia contributes "Triptykon", a specially created portrait of the members of the group, painted in the artist's own blood (86 x 86 cm, blood/iron oxide on archival paper, 2009). As Castiglia aptly put it, the amalgamation of works by HR Giger, Vincent Castiglia, and Triptykon on "Eparistera Daimones" forms a creative triptych in itself.

HR Giger: I am very proud to work with Triptykon. My art hasn't appeared on an album cover for quite some time, and I feel honored to have been approached by Tom about such a collaboration for Triptykon's very first release.

Vincent Castiglia: It's been a tremendous honor to work with both Triptykon and HR Giger on the forthcoming release of, "Eparistera Daimones". It was a project of enormous depth for me, conceptually as well as visually. I think the resonance between Triptykon's music, Giger's art, and my work is extremely powerful, and it coalesces in quite an amazing, and singular way.

Tom Gabriel Warrior: We feel deeply privileged to be able to adorn our very first album with the work of two artists we respect enormously. To us, their astonishing contributions convey significant symbolism both with respect to our personal frame of mind as well as for this particular album and its history.

It is an immense pleasure to be able to work with HR Giger again. He was one of our most significant mentors during the days of Hellhammer and early Celtic Frost, and he is an extraordinary human being and an artist without equal.

Vincent Castiglia has become a close friend in recent years, and we both sensed that the time had come to create something truly unique together. I am infinitely grateful that he has lent us his incredible talent, not least because I know he incorporates as much passion, darkness, and pain into his work as I do, too.

Click each link below to view the respective cover:

Triptykon “Eparistera Daimones” Mediabook CD Cover

Triptykon “Eparistera Daimones” Double LP Cover

"Eparistera Daimones" will also feature detailed credits, full lyrics and extensive liner notes to all songs and will be released via Century Media Records under exclusive license from Prowling Death Records Ltd. on March 22nd, 2010 (Europe) and March 23rd, 2010 (North America).

Two songs from “Eparistera Daimones” can already be heard at the band’s official MySpace profile: www.myspace.com/triptykonofficial

Upcoming Triptykon live shows:

16.04.2010 Tilburg (The Netherlands) – 013 / Roadburn Festival

30.04.2010 Barroselas (Portugal) – SWR Barroselas Metalfest

www.hrgiger.com, www.hrgigermuseum.com

www.VincentCastiglia.com, www.myspace.com/vincentcastiglia

www.triptykon.net, www.myspace.com/triptykonofficial

www.centurymedia.com

www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And no heptagram on the front cover, anyway. But I guess the last album to have some version on the cover was Morbid Tales.

CF: 84-93, 01-08. R.I.P.
SigSwat551

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding! This is becoming a dark package indeed,
Akhenaton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

. . . there is a fantastic 'close-up' of a piece of the painting on Tom's blog.~~~ I love what we have here: the title is a part of a Crowleyan designed 'Banishment Ritual';-& the title of Giger's painting references the most famous 'Vampire' of them all. It looks like we will have alot of symbolism to gnaw on through this work. It is, of course, best to soak it all in as a whole ( sound please!& LOUD!) . . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: