Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Eparistera Daimones
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Eparistera Daimones Reply with quote

The Prowling Death MySpace page lists the release date of PDR 013, Eparistera Daimones, as March, 2010.

CF: 84-93, 01-08. R.I.P.
D
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good catch Smile

I hope that date is more permanent than tentative....
1349.com
darkfortress.org
Elohim

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He certainly is at home with a cold...
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, we are seeing Crowley as an inspiration. As we've already learned, the phrase eparistera daimones comes from the Star Ruby, a banishing ritual intended to shun spirits that are harmful to the True Will of the person performing the ritual. (At least, that is what google tells me.) Um, DMJ/TCD?

The song "Goetia" appears to draw inspiration from part of a book, The Lesser Book of Solomon, that was edited by Crowley. Apparently, this section of the book deals with the 72 demons that King Solomon evoked adn mastered. Or something. I am sure that many here know much more about this than I do.

So, we again see occult topics, in Martin's absence, occupying the lyrical content.

Any thoughts? Anyone care to shed some more light on how this stuff fits in with Crowley?

CF: 84-93, 01-08. R.I.P.
Dziadzio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knucklehead wrote:
Um, DMJ/TCD?

My thoughts exactly. This is going to be angry, unhealthy album... I remember, when I listened to Monotheist for the first time I was totally open to absorb this music and I literally felt ill, so in a way it really struck me physically!
Deni

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read that Goetia is the releasing of yourself from your won fears and illusions by direct confrontation.

It also refers to all the operations of that Magic which deals with gross, malignant or unenlightened forces. Goetia is sometimes thought of as a wild card, something that can get out of control, something which expresses the operator's lower desires to control others and improve his own personal life. And, in fact, this potential loss of control, this danger, the desire for self improvement and great power is exactly what attracts many people to Goetia while horrifying and repelling others.

Goetia also refers to Sexual Evocation...

I'm sure Baphomet could help us.

Deni
Elohim

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Goetia indeed the opening track the webteam has heard?
Deni

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost sure Tom is using this Crowley inspiration like a metaphor for others subjects...

Deni
Wurm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Tom's vocal performance on "A Thousand Lies" was absolutely amazing. Seems that he's spitting a bit more venom on this track. Not to mention the music just kicks f**kin' ass!!!!!
Akhenaton

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to some of the Crowley influenced content of, not only Celtic Frost, but Triptykon (inso far as the Title is concerned, & what could be judged as a 'Thelemic' spirit' pervading the formation of such a group) as well;- I have 'plugged' the Myspace page for the band on the site 'Lashtal.com', which (IMO) is the premier Crowley site on the web. I have been a member there for quite awhile now, & will update that community when the album comes out. The site encourages recommending items of "Thelemic Culture" to others; I am sure that there are many there who have not heard Tom's work yet who would enjoy it.

As for who I am, I will introduce myself soon. I have been a "Lurker" here for a couple of years now. . .

93!
GigerFrost

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last weekend I had a dream. It was about some Triptykon article which read VENOM MEETS DEAD CAN DANCE. I woke up and checked for the first three Venom records. I came to realize that I actually still (or again) like em a lot. And Dead Can Dance. Man, I think they definitely were an influence. Incantion Against anybody? So I cannot forget about that formula VENOM MEETS DEAD CAN DANCE. Can´t wait for the album. Still almost two months to go. Counting the days here!
D
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is wondering on how to say Eparistera Daimones, I was talking with my Aunt today (she lives in Thessaloniki, Greece) and she confirmed my pronunciation of the album title: (Eh-poddy-steh-dah Dah-ee-moh-ness).

The Greek "R" is almost like a rolled "R" in Spanish, but not as severe, and comes of more like a slight "D" sound. The "Dai" pronounced quickly sounds like "Die", but properly it is supposed to roll out a tad slower being a bit between "Dah-ee" and "Die"

Confusing? Wink
1349.com
darkfortress.org
Akhenaton

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE STAR RUBY (a 'banishing' ritual):

" Facing East, in the centre, draw deep deep deep thy breath closing thy mouth with thy right forefinger prest against thy lower lip. Then dashing down the hand with a great sweep back and out, expelling forcibly thy breath, cry APO PANTOS KAKODAIMONOS. With the same forefinger touch thy forehead, and say SOI, thy member, and say O PHALLE, [The secret sense of these words is to be sought in the numeration thereof.], thy right shoulder, and say ISCHUROS, thy left shoulder, and say EUCHARISTOS; then clasp thine hands, locking the fingers, and cry IAÕ. Advance to the East. Imagine strongly a Pentagram, aright, in thy forehead. Drawing the hands to the eyes, fling it forth, making the sign of Horus and roar THÉRION. Retire thine hand in the sign of Hoor-paar-Kraat.

Go round to the North and repeat; but say NUIT.

Go round to the West and repeat; but whisper BABALON.

Go round to the South and repeat; but bellow HADIT.

Completing the circle widdershins, retire to the centre and raise thy voice in the Paian, with these words:

IO PAN

with the signs of N.O.X.

Extend the arms in the form of a Tau and say low but clear:

PRO MOU IUNGES,
OPISO MOU TELETARChAI,
EPI DEXIA SYNOChEIS,
EPARISTERA DAIMONES.
FLEGEI GAR PERI MOU O ASTHR TON PENTE,
KAI EN THI STHLHI O ASTHR TON HEX ESTHKE.

(Before me the Iynges,
Behind me the Teletarchae,
On my right hand the Synoches,
On my left the daemons.
For about me flames the Star of Five,
And in the column stands the Star of Six. )

Repeat the Cross Qabalistic, as above, and end as thou didst begin. "

. . Aleister Crowley learnt ancient Greek & Latin, like any other upper class Englisman of education. I am not sure how fluent he was in modern greek - probably not very, so I doubt if he would have pronounced these words in the way they would be today; he would have done so in the way that he was taught, most likely. For this reason, those who practise this ritual would not pronounce any of the words that are still being used by a modern greek like a modern greek would (unless they are a modern greek!). It is also likely that he adapted the above lines from an old greek hermetic text.
Elohim

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are our modern Greeks?
Akhenaton

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... From what I understand there are very significant differences between 'Ancient' & 'Modern' Greek. Many ancient greek texts were translated into Latin; & the english language contains a great deal of both of these. 100 years ago both of these languages were still required learning in the more prestigious schools. Crowley came from a wealthy family, so he had access to, & excelled in these courses. I can bet that if you showed those lines to many modern greeks you would get a "WTF!". Well, we shall see. I will also try to look into this further....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: