Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Eparistera Daimones
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akhenaton

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

. . . The above passage is also 'Ancient Greek' transliterated into the Latin alphabet...
Elohim

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akhenaton wrote:
... From what I understand there are very significant differences between 'Ancient' & 'Modern' Greek. Many ancient greek texts were translated into Latin; & the english language contains a great deal of both of these. 100 years ago both of these languages were still required learning in the more prestigious schools. Crowley came from a wealthy family, so he had access to, & excelled in these courses. I can bet that if you showed those lines to many modern greeks you would get a "WTF!". Well, we shall see. I will also try to look into this further....

You have to stand corrected on that one. Many ancient Greek texts were translated into Arabic, and from there translated into Latin. The Roman Catholic church made sure that none of the original ancient Greek texts survived due to the heathen-character of it. The fact that we still have those texts is because muslim scientists saw the significance of these works and translated them from Greek into Arabic. In the renaissance, European scholars discovered that a lot of the ancient Greek texts were 'salvaged' by Arab scientists and translated them from Arabic into Latin.
Akhenaton

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

. . I do "stand corrected"- I had forgotten about that when I wrote the above;- but, it was not as simple as either of us said. Many works were also stowed away, particularily in Monasteries, & in the libraries of the wealthy& influential in Europe; for instance, the British Isles preserved alot due to their remoteness. It was not all about mediterranean trade, or the respectful far-seeing appreciation of the mideast; though these great wars of the past have turned everything upsidedown more than once . . .
DrMorbid
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D wrote:
If anyone is wondering on how to say Eparistera Daimones, I was talking with my Aunt today (she lives in Thessaloniki, Greece) and she confirmed my pronunciation of the album title: (Eh-poddy-steh-dah Dah-ee-moh-ness).

The Greek "R" is almost like a rolled "R" in Spanish, but not as severe, and comes of more like a slight "D" sound. The "Dai" pronounced quickly sounds like "Die", but properly it is supposed to roll out a tad slower being a bit between "Dah-ee" and "Die"

Confusing? Wink

Good thing the question wasn't in person, or you'd have gotten a big, fat, Greek-Orthodox slap on the back of your head from talking that way.

BTW- I could have sworn we had at least one member here from Greece.
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Akhenaton

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will get my friend Vasiliki to join. She does not listen to Metal, but she listens to me. We will get to the bottom of this. . .
SigSwat551

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akhenaton wrote:
...She does not listen to Metal, but she listens to me....

My god man, teach us......
Akhenaton

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

. . . I dont know Sig;-I think that the tumultuous tarantula of gouda may confuse any greek girl who would just like to make you a Feta & Olive salad.
SigSwat551

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well well, does this mean that a raving ratatouille of feta and green olives would work its magick on Dutch girls?
D
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrMorbid wrote:

Good thing the question wasn't in person, or you'd have gotten a big, fat, Greek-Orthodox slap on the back of your head from talking that way.

BTW- I could have sworn we had at least one member here from Greece.

No Gyro for you malaka, back to lame ass wanna be Doners.
1349.com
darkfortress.org
Baphomet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just listened to Eparistera Daimones. Unfortunately, only with Skype. I talked to a friendly journalist. And in the background we heard the album. I am very impressed by Eparistera Daimones! Goetia is a fantastic opener. And Myopic Empire is a truly brilliant song, just like The Prolonging. A very dark, powerful and majestic album!

She told me that there are no promotional CDs. Journalists can download watermarked MP3s of the songs from iPool. Since Saturday she only listens to Eparistera Daimones! She thinks that this will be the album of the year! Definitely a masterpiece by Tom and Triptykon and just as good as Monotheist!!
Aes treve, Weis Kunig
Trev Lew, ruot Ar.

http://www.mountainking-official.org
http://www.myspace.com/mountainkingch
http://www.myspace.com/walpurgisswitzerland
Elohim

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm off to our chief editor to ask where my access to I-Pool is...

Checked back: the Dutch department of Century Media will release the I-Pool next week. That will be one VERY LONG week...
Don't forget to vote TMT on monday...
SigSwat551

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baphomet wrote:
I just listened to Eparistera Daimones. Unfortunately, only with Skype. I talked to a friendly journalist. And in the background we heard the album. I am very impressed by Eparistera Daimones! Goetia is a fantastic opener. And Myopic Empire is a truly brilliant song, just like The Prolonging.

i really liked 'drown in ashes' and 'obscured' on Monotheist. Did you hear something in a similar vein?
Elohim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one more week...
Marcin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I'm not a journalist or any other group who can obtain this LP earlier, U must wait 'till 22nd of march Sad(((
LK Thurisaz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding this album, I wonder if anyone could shed some additional light on it. We know the four members of the band perform on the album, but does anyone else make appearances on the album?

Perhaps Simone Vollenweider or Manu Moan?

Or did they utilize any studio musicians for an orchestra as they did on Monotheist (and previous albums)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: