Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Triptykon and its entry in metallum.com?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Triptykon and its entry in metallum.com? Reply with quote

Is there a person, with a high-note status on MA, who will be able to make
Triptykon's profile?
DrMorbid
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize that one needed to have high-level status to make a page there.

I don't really have many reviews, and in fact, one was removed, despite being factual about the band being real dirtbags about knowing and trying to shut me up about their cd's being defective. Got lied to by them and their record company, so I have no sympathy. That's also the scumbag band that runs (and abandoned) the Coroner myspace page and tried to get press through there.

Anyhow, no, I'm not high level there. There should be a page at this point.
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I submitted them to the Archives last week. It was rejected because I can't get information about the track names or track lengths of Zeitenwende.

CF: 84-93, 01-08. R.I.P.
DrMorbid
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they are pretty strict about that kind of stuff now, but in this case, shouldn't it be enough that this is the product of at least one extremely legendary artist, who has essentially released the material through myspace, rather than as a demo? There should be an exception made here, as the band already has touring plans and at least three members were/are in established bands. Their information wouldn't be complete without Triptykon, at this point. It is their knowledge base that has a hole in it, with or without Zeitenwende.

As far as Zeitenwende goes, I know nothing about it, unfortunately.
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Elohim

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, we got all the info we need right here...
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrMorbid wrote:
... in this case, shouldn't it be enough that this is the product of at least one extremely legendary artist, who has essentially released the material through myspace, rather than as a demo?

The answer is no. That's why I opened the thread on the demo, thinking I might be able to get the information that they need in order to add the band.

CF: 84-93, 01-08. R.I.P.
Marcin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The admin is the master, so: his site/his rules, who are, in fact quite difficult to undersstand.
Elohim

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it is possible to publish fake artist profiles there... You just concoct a demo, a band, you rip a photo and just publish the shit: hey I got the info, so here is something. Maybe it's an experiment we should conduct one time: can we get a fake band on MA?
dude

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha that would be indeed fun to follow. we need a name!
Marcin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elohim wrote:
But it is possible to publish fake artist profiles there... You just concoct a demo, a band, you rip a photo and just publish the shit: hey I got the info, so here is something. Maybe it's an experiment we should conduct one time: can we get a fake band on MA?

The admin had found, quite unusual, way to solve this issue by
putting a statment that "there must be a material existence of a demo/full album, so that zines, magazines could wrote a review of the released material"
DrMorbid
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think their policy has now been tested and is now proving to be behind the evolution of technology and the exchange of information on that new thing called "The Internet".

I know, that name sounds as ridiculous to me as the concept of remote people being able to connect with one another through it.

I mean, really. There are now three songs up online, with thousands of plays that demos may or may not have gotten. What is this bullshit formality of needing a demo? We have real fucking music, right fucking now. They should list them as songs, if they have to, or "myspace release". Hell, they want proof? Screencap the myspace page and go to it and listen. Done.

They really need to get with the times. It's not a huge deal, I guess, but I just got a laugh out of the silliness of this policy when there is real music out there now. Even BNR beat them to it. Metalsucks, and other sites beat them to it. Metallus seems to be putting their hands over their ears and going "la la la", pretending what the rest of the metal community worldwide knows doesn't exist.
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
Marcin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metallum has its own "silly" system of rules toward bands whom should or not be accepted.
Marcin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.recordfinder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1363

I hope, this will do for the admins to allow Triptykon's entry.
Marcin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now when the cover art has been released, I hope that MA's admins will finally accept Triptykon.
DrMorbid
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no entry. Odd, considering the album is technically out now to the industry and press. I guess perhaps it only showcases MA'S irrelevance if just about every other metal site that does and doesn't matter has it and acknowledges it exists. I mean, it's not a matter of posting a review just yet, but at least make your resource complete, since there's more than enough evidence out there to create a page for it and evidence it exists.

I guess what gets me about it most, which I now see throughout the internet, is the first gen of internet dinosaurs; those who embraced the internet and technology, but after a certain point, much like the amish, they are unwilling to adapt to the rapid changes. The music industry is in a state of flux and the artists are adapting admirably in some cases, but sites like MA don't seem to be adapting to how the world of demos and 'proof of concept and intent' is being distributed online now... Even retail is embacing electronic and/or self-releases.
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: