Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Dark matter manifest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Trade Info Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
siibii

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Dark matter manifest Reply with quote

Hello my friends, i was asking if already exists a thread about this demo (obviously i can't find it).
Otherwise there's someone who wants to illuminate me with some details of this tape (songs.......)?
Thank you v.m.
Very Happy
Elohim

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually learned about this demo when the Prowling Death Myspace went online... Never encountered it, but I am on the hunt... But first the V/N sessions...
siibii

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for my ignorance.
What's the reason to search for the Vanity/Nemesis sessions?
Have they unrelesed tracks, or different versions from the ones that finished in the final cd?
Members playing on that demo(s) and record too were Warrior - Bryant - Marks - Priestly, is it right?
Despite the fact that on the final cover Ron Marks does not appear and Martin Ain yes.
What happened exactly to Mr. Ain, go in - go out of the band?
Ouch, too many questions.......... Embarassed
siibii

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elohim wrote:
I actually learned about this demo when the Prowling Death Myspace went online...

Oh don't talk to me about this, i'm still ashamed.
When i saw first those demos listed in that myspace page i immediately wrote to the label: 'hey guys how much to buy this and that?'. Laughing
Luckily got no reply.
Wink
DrMorbid
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, we got a joker around here...

www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DrMorbid
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

siibii wrote:
Sorry for my ignorance.
What's the reason to search for the Vanity/Nemesis sessions?
Have they unrelesed tracks, or different versions from the ones that finished in the final cd?
Members playing on that demo(s) and record too were Warrior - Bryant - Marks - Priestly, is it right?
Despite the fact that on the final cover Ron Marks does not appear and Martin Ain yes.
What happened exactly to Mr. Ain, go in - go out of the band?
Ouch, too many questions.......... Embarassed

I'll try to answer piecewise:

1. I actually don't know about the V/N sessions. In fact, my knowledge of what's out there in this respect is lacking. To some extent, Tom mentioned how a couple songs morphed/developed in Are You Morbid? Such songs as "The Wings Of Solitude" (someone please correct me if I'm wrong, my book is not at hand and I have chocolate all over my fingers) and its original theme, as well as as the merging of the music together with Martin's lyrics (The Name of My Bride), perhaps sent in remotely.

2. As far as Martin playing, I don't have my liner notes unpacked, so someone else might be able to confirm the per-song specifics. However, listed on the CF.com site is the lineup, featuring Martin:

http://www.triptykon.net/vcf/releases/vanity_nemesis.html

This was an incredibly fascinating portion of an already fascinating book, as Tom was basically rebuilding his band and his career after Cold Lake, now with Stephen Priestly, Curt Victor Bryant, no Martin (initially). Martin rejoined sometime through, but I can't reference exactly when.

As far as Ron goes, he lent his talents for solos and perhaps some writing (again, I don't know the extent to which he lent them). He, however, refused to rejoin the band after the sessions were over. I believe this resulted in Curt switching to guitar, as well as leaving an opening for Martin's return. The sequencing of events is perhaps better left to those involved.

One other fascinating aspect was that V/N was recorded right by a part of the Berlin Wall falling. I spoke to Martin in November 2006 about that era and he said that was something that helped him to give it one more chance and come back. There was an energy about it, so he decided to try it.

Man, I am now in the mood to listen to V/N. It is very underrated and unfortunately, as my tastes shifted by my latest interests in music, I somewhat "orphaned" the album.
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com

Last edited by DrMorbid on Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Elohim

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin wrote some lyrics and sang on 'Phallic Tantrum', but he didn't play bass as I recall right... Bass duties were with Curt Victor Bryant.

The only reason why I hunt for the demo's is just to hear how songs develop. Take for instance the difference between the demo version of 'Ground' and the final album version. There is a world of difference. Or check out 'Pearl of Love' and then listen to 'Domain of Decay'... I love to see progression in what initially is an idea that makes it to a demo tape and what finally is released on the album...

And doc, now you have chocolate all over your keyboard...
siibii

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elohim wrote:
And doc, now you have chocolate all over your keyboard...

Yeah, me too now.
Well we could make to Mr. Fischer "an offer he can't refuse" to have those tapes.
If you have seen "The Godfather" ("Il Padrino") with Marlon Brando you know what i mean Wink
Deni

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm still hunting this demo too.
I hope to get it in 2010...

Martin played bass in half of "The Heart Beneath" and did the backing vocals on the mentioned track, what I think was the first one written for the album, which Tom bring to the others members as a bunch of riffs. And that early stage the band recognise that the true Frost sound has returned.
And yes, Martin did the backing vocals on "Phallic Tantrum", as well on "Wine In My Hand" and "Nemesis".

Martin also wrote the lyrics for "The Name Of My Bride", but he hasn't participated directly in writing the songs "Phallic Tantrum", "A Kiss Or A Whisper", "Vanity" and "Nemesis". On these songs were used lines or text fractions from remaining song text manuscripts Martin and Tom drafted between 84 and 87.

Seems to me Martin was really impressed with the songs from the V/N demo, what indeed helped him to decide to rejoin the band.

Deni
Elohim

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voivod has made all of their demo's and live recordings available on their website. I really like the idea, but then again it's the band and the (ex) members who have to make a decision about that, and we know how Tom feels about TCD making money on music that Warrior wrote...
siibii

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2010 has come........dark new year to all of you.

Still in search of Prototype demo, tough search......
siibii

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PROWLING DEATH myspace page says that this demo consists of 5 tracks. Anybody knows the titles?
Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Trade Info Exchange All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: