Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Warrior and the writing/recording process...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackcloud

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Warrior and the writing/recording process... Reply with quote

Hi Tom, I'm not sure if this is the best "location" for such a topic, but nevertheless, here it falls:

I am struggling creatively. And that is an understatement. Family and work are obstacles, sure, but "writer's block" is a killer. A mind killer. I am alone trying to write and record...just how I've been accustomed to doing for so many years. I find that I have to push myself so hard to get things done rather than to just let things flow naturally because I have no other choice.

How do you remain so focused in writing through everything that happens around you on a daily basis?

P.S. Tom, you are one of my heroes...always have been...always will be.

http://www.myspace.com/alchemyblackmetal
DrMorbid
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, I have no advice, but I have support. If you want to keep at it, don't ever give it up.
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Opolus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're not creative or inspired, don't write, simple as that!! Do you really expect Tom (or anyone else for that matter) giving you some lecturing on that, let alone via a public forum? People (especially here) never cease to amaze me, I'm afraid...
D
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opolus wrote:
People (especially here) never cease to amaze me, I'm afraid...

/bow

Glad to be of service to your amusement. Wink
1349.com
darkfortress.org
Opolus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D wrote:
Opolus wrote:
People (especially here) never cease to amaze me, I'm afraid...

/bow

Glad to be of service to your amusement. Wink

Nah, I was actually not referring to you, D! Razz
Blackcloud

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's not always easy to find inspiration when you're feeling down and out. Although, you'd think that would be enough inspiration in itself!

I was just trying to break the ice and get a discussion going on writing and recording.

I have an old ADAT 8-track (like the ones that were used for that CF bootleg recording in Seattle) and a 16-channel board (8 in, and 8 out for playback) It's not enough for every instrument obviously, so what I do is first use 8 on the drums. (2 mics on the snare, top and bottom, 1 kick, 1 rack-tom, 1 floor tom, two overheads, and 1 set in the room for ambience) Then I have my friend Tony, who has a 24-track studio, mix those down to 2 tracks, stereo left and right. That leaves me with 6 more tracks again for guitars, bass, and vocals...and maybe some keys. Not really much left over to work with, and most certainly a laborious process, but I don't have the luxury of having computer programs down in my basement for recording.

Also I wanted to ask Tom if he likes to write riffs before lyrics, or if he tries to fit music over words. (much like how "Sorrows of the Moon" was written since the poem already existed) A brilliant transformation, btw!

Any other struggling artists here besides Wilmar? Laughing

http://www.myspace.com/alchemyblackmetal
Elohim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, actually I finished up my first Cropcircle Generator project, but it now hangs on the damned artwork... I stand by my main principle: never get other people to work with you if they are not 'into it'.

Cropcircle will be released on Fountain Street Productions, and you can get a download package with the artwork included as JPEG files, and the songs in high quality mp3. And probably I am going to work on the artwork myself, without the expertise of others... The upcoming Cropcircle has two songs in demostage which are actually above my own expectations... But then I am still working on three other projects as well... So much to do and so little time...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: