Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
ONLY DEATH IS REAL... Bazillion Points Books FAQ/Info Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Hellhammer General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elohim

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another English language bookseller in town here, and that's W.H. Smith on the Kalverstraat. But I suspect that they are quite Europe-wide spread...
Bazillion Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elohim wrote:
There is another English language bookseller in town here, and that's W.H. Smith on the Kalverstraat....

Yes, our books are certainly available through those larger chains like WH Smith. It's up to the stores themselves to stock the books on their shelves, but anyone can order the books there for sure.

"The book is always better than the movie."
tobi138

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon.de has listed ODIS with release date july 8th.
Ian can you please tell us why they want to ship the book from this date?

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/0979616395/
Galaxigrl68

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Ian, and welcome aboard! Of course you already know that we here on this forum are avid fans of Hellhammer, so your post is very fun and exciting- we're all eagerly anticipating the day we have this magnificent book in our hands! And I think I speak for all of us when I say we appreciate you taking time to share with us some of the details of the book as well as your obvious excitement about it's release.

You are definitely among friends on this forum- hope you become a "fixture" here and come back regularly to share and opine on all the CF/Hellhammer/Triptykon topics! Very Happy

Btw, for anyone who has XM radio- be sure to check out Ian's show, "Bloody Roots"!

It was your "Bloody Roots" show on Liquid Metal, Ian, that first introduced me to who you were, and that you were behind the wonderful "Bazillion Points" publishing...thank you, for all that you do, and have done! OH and I'm the chick who spoke with you about Joe Hasselvander earlier... Thanks for spreading harmony through brutal metal. Twisted Evil

www.myspace.com/helioscreedtributealbum
Opolus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galaxigrl68 wrote:
Of course you already know that we here on this forum are avid fans of Hellhammer,

Certainly not everyone!! [w/out referring to you personally here, G., btw!]
Elohim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it necessary to be an avid Hellhammer fan to be on the forum? I love Hellhammer, but I like Celtic Frost better, but Triptykon is what Celtic Frost never could become...
Bazillion Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, Galaxigrl68, for that extremely kind introduction. And congratulations on scoring the Joe Hasselvander LADY KILLER record on CD—that's a great, crude, low-fi gem from the early days of independent metal.

tobi138 wrote:
Amazon.de has listed ODIS with release date july 8th.
Ian can you please tell us why they want to ship the book from this date?

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/0979616395/

I can't say precisely, except that everything involving books works far too slowly for my taste. Of course, it will take some time for books to migrate from our warehouse in New York to our distributor in London to the Amazon.de warehouses in Deutschland. When Amazon.de chooses to ship the book is up to them.

In the meantime, I can tell you that Bazillion Points will be shipping our preorders during the second week of March. This includes a heavy shipment to our European distributor in London. As soon as they are processed, they will start selling directly from their own web site and shipping books to all of the stores and distributors that have already placed orders. And the quick-acting ones will immediately place Only Death Is Real on shelves!

That's probably more than you want to know about shuffling books around the world. To stay sane in this environment, I focus on the long-term goal of opening up as many channels as possible for our books, so that they remain widely available for years to come.

Zane Reed Johnson
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian,

Thanks for keeping up the response to all the questions asked here. One question that either came up here or on another forum was whether or not ODIR is "limited edition" in nature. Would you be able to clarify that for us?

Best regards,
www.celticfrost.com
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
Bazillion Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zane Reed Johnson wrote:
Ian,

Thanks for keeping up the response to all the questions asked here. One question that either came up here or on another forum was whether or not ODIR is "limited edition" in nature. Would you be able to clarify that for us?

Best regards,

Zane, thank you for asking. I appreciate the chance to make it very clear that Only Death Is Real is not limited edition in any way. We have produced several thousand copies of the book, and we intend to keep it in print indefinitely, circumstances permitting.

Personally, I believe that the book has literary and historical value that transcends the cult of Hellhammer. Although the deluxe presentation of the book should satisfy the expectations of any collector, I intend for the book to remain available to whomever needs it.

Equimanthorn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I bought the Swedish Death Metal book from you at Waterstones, the largest book store in the UK, they hadn't heard of you and had to specially order it in! Do you think you could maybe try and remedy this situation by getting some of your books into Waterstones? Specifically the Glasgow one, so I can get one. Razz
Bazillion Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Equimanthorn wrote:
When I bought the Swedish Death Metal book from you at Waterstones, the largest book store in the UK, they hadn't heard of you and had to specially order it in! Do you think you could maybe try and remedy this situation by getting some of your books into Waterstones? Specifically the Glasgow one, so I can get one. Razz

Okay, I'll get on that! SWEDISH DEATH METAL was released long before we established our current European distribution arrangement, so I'm impressed that your special order was successful. When was that, and how long did you have to wait?

In fact, we have a promotion running in Waterstone's this month for Andy McCoy's book, SHERIFF McCOY. (I believe it's the only Bazillion Points book that doesn't mention Hellhammer or Celtic Frost, but it's still great.)

Elohim

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, sneaky promotion for all the other books in Bazillion Points. Doc, how about a bazillion demerits for Ian? He says that Celtic Frost and Hellhammer is mentioned in his other books. Now I have to buy them all...
Uncle Abyss

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Bazillion Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I assure you that the author of ONLY DEATH IS REAL has written the definitive account of the band.

Two weeks until delivery here...the ground is trembling.

Elohim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree with your sig: the movie Hellraiser was definitely better than the book 'The Hellbound Heart'... Same goes for 'Nightbreed' the movie or 'Cabal' the book...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Hellhammer General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: