Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Requiem

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
hellceltictrip



Joined: 19 Oct 2009
Posts: 42
Location: greystones,ireland

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Requiem Reply with quote

im just thinking does anyone else think that triptykon should finish celtic frost's "requiem"???? Im not sure if it would be the same.....
_________________
Every seed you sow..... DDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
LK Thurisaz



Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 169
Location: Kansas City, Missouri

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a way, I personally feel that Celtic Frost's requiem was the last three songs of Monotheist. I know its not what Tom envisioned, but it's good enough for me.
_________________
Pete (aka LK Thurisaz)
"The ABSU-Niverse of Knowledge"
http://77thnovel.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Elohim



Joined: 15 Jan 2007
Posts: 4891
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'Requiem' should be finished, since Tom wrote all the music for parts one and three. In the interview I did with him, he stated that it was uncertain if the Requiem will ever be finished. But Tom has listened to his audience in the past (the demand for 'Relinquished Body' has finally been rewarded), so it would not surprise me if the Requiem will turn up on one of the next Triptykon releases.
_________________
Nitimur in vetitum semper cupimusque negata
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
bobbyIII



Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 48
Location: Albuquerque NM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elohim wrote:
The 'Requiem' should be finished, since Tom wrote all the music for parts one and three. In the interview I did with him, he stated that it was uncertain if the Requiem will ever be finished. But Tom has listened to his audience in the past (the demand for 'Relinquished Body' has finally been rewarded), so it would not surprise me if the Requiem will turn up on one of the next Triptykon releases.


Personally, I agree with you that since Tom is responsible for the Requiem thus far, I don't see why he wouldn't finish it. But, I have a hard time believing that Tom would do anything just to cater to his fanbase, if that were truly the case we wouldn't ever have had such wonderfully diverse and daring albums like ITP or Monotheist, every CF album would have been a copy of MT. Regardless of whether or not the Requiem is ever completed, I think Tom will continue to do one of the things he seems to do best - MOVE FORWARD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hellceltictrip



Joined: 19 Oct 2009
Posts: 42
Location: greystones,ireland

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobbyIII wrote:
Elohim wrote:
The 'Requiem' should be finished, since Tom wrote all the music for parts one and three. In the interview I did with him, he stated that it was uncertain if the Requiem will ever be finished. But Tom has listened to his audience in the past (the demand for 'Relinquished Body' has finally been rewarded), so it would not surprise me if the Requiem will turn up on one of the next Triptykon releases.


Personally, I agree with you that since Tom is responsible for the Requiem thus far, I don't see why he wouldn't finish it. But, I have a hard time believing that Tom would do anything just to cater to his fanbase, if that were truly the case we wouldn't ever have had such wonderfully diverse and daring albums like ITP or Monotheist, every CF album would have been a copy of MT. Regardless of whether or not the Requiem is ever completed, I think Tom will continue to do one of the things he seems to do best - MOVE FORWARD.



Personally im not sure about that.... I mean surely Martin had some input on the songs.......
_________________
Every seed you sow..... DDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
kzr750r1



Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 683
Location: California

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling Martin was more of a conceptualist. The paring these concepts with Toms is how so many of our favorite CF songs were started.
I don't want to say muse as that sounds gay in this case.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Akhenaton



Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 1012
Location: Montreal, Quebec

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it sounds like he had been working on the final piece, as well as the 'Necronomicon'; the latter which he said would be released, while the former he is now not sure about.~~ It seems wisest, as a fan, to just enjoy this new band in the trilogy as it happens, without looking too far forward. When their first album hits, it will make this easy to do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hellceltictrip



Joined: 19 Oct 2009
Posts: 42
Location: greystones,ireland

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akhenaton wrote:
So it sounds like he had been working on the final piece, as well as the 'Necronomicon'; the latter which he said would be released, while the former he is now not sure about.~~ It seems wisest, as a fan, to just enjoy this new band in the trilogy as it happens, without looking too far forward. When their first album hits, it will make this easy to do.
i guess you're right lol
_________________
Every seed you sow..... DDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Elohim



Joined: 15 Jan 2007
Posts: 4891
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nine days left boys and girls... Nine days left...
_________________
Nitimur in vetitum semper cupimusque negata
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
I.G.



Joined: 15 Feb 2009
Posts: 102
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think even in the Netherlands, there might be some stores wich sell the record on friday Wink

Ive saw this in Venlo at "Sounds", a amazing record store, already some times before.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spiral architect 67



Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 95
Location: genoa, Italy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here in Italy will be available from friday..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Akhenaton



Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 1012
Location: Montreal, Quebec

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main concern for my exclusively private ' listening party' I plan on having next Tuesday-: is the fact that my current stereo is just not good enough, & also what I will drink to mark the occasion. I have been opting for Mr. Walker's Black Label (. . . no, my Dutch friends. It is not a cheese this time).~~~ The great thing about living in the centre of a metropolis, is that my new Triptykon album is a few blocks away. . .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SigSwat551



Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 1422
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I.G. wrote:
I think even in the Netherlands, there might be some stores wich sell the record on friday Wink

Ive saw this in Venlo at "Sounds", a amazing record store, already some times before.


Sounds is indeed THE record store. When i still lived near Venlo it was a place i visited a lot. Forum member DBC knows the place also. I saw a news article regarding Sounds yesterday. Haven't read it yet but i will today.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group