Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Enlighten me.......magick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Akhenaton



Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 1012
Location: Montreal, Quebec

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why it is spelt "Magick" with a "K" is because that was the original spelling in English, & when "Magic" became associated in the popular consciousness with card tricks, rabbits in hats, etc.; it became necessary to differentiate this stage show from the fundamental spiritual/psychological realm of study that the "parlour tricks" were drawn from.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Akhenaton



Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 1012
Location: Montreal, Quebec

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magick can be compared with Buddhism in many ways, & I suppose that we could umbrella all of this into the realm of Psychology, in the broadest sense. Like "Buddhism", "Magick" takes a considerable amount of personal study/training before it becomes effective. This is perhaps why it is sometimes a source of ridicule: people make assumptions based on a lack of knowledge of the subject. Magick is hard work- it takes total dedication. Not for everyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Akhenaton



Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 1012
Location: Montreal, Quebec

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. It is also safe to describe Magick as an Art. Like an "Art" there are those who are born talented or gifted at it. These people can obtain results with a lesser amount of work than others. This is why there are many writers painters musicians etc. who have an innate capacity for it. Some dabble, & others make a more serious study.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SigSwat551



Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 1422
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frost&Fire...Ack....a little late but i want to thank you for sharing your knowledge. It may sound a little dramatic but last monday i crossed the abyss and found my true will. It was a magical experience.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ramon1969



Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 1019
Location: Switzerland

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SigSwat551 wrote:
It may sound a little dramatic but last monday i crossed the abyss and found my true will. It was a magical experience.

I am curious about the kind of abyss...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SigSwat551



Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 1422
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramon1969 wrote:
I am curious about the kind of abyss...


The abyss is the fear that takes control of you the moment you fully realise that you alone are responsible for the decisions/actions you take in your life and their consequences.


Ps. It is still very fresh for me so feel free to ask questions if i'm not clear enough.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SigSwat551



Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 1422
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides fear you also feel lost.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ramon1969



Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 1019
Location: Switzerland

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SigSwat551 wrote:
Ramon1969 wrote:
I am curious about the kind of abyss...


The abyss is the fear that takes control of you the moment you fully realise that you alone are responsible for the decisions/actions you take in your life and their consequences.


Ps. It is still very fresh for me so feel free to ask questions if i'm not clear enough.

SigSwat551 wrote:
Besides fear you also feel lost.

For me it seems as if you had lost something in your life that is/was important to you. In addition, I have the impression that you alone feel responsible for this situation. In my humble opinion every story have three sides in minimum. Here we have just one, yours.
You say everything is still fresh, so do not be too hard on yourself.

Please correct me if I'm totaly wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SigSwat551



Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 1422
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramon1969 wrote:
For me it seems as if you had lost something in your life that is/was important to you. In addition, I have the impression that you alone feel responsible for this situation. In my humble opinion every story have three sides in minimum. Here we have just one, yours.
You say everything is still fresh, so do not be too hard on yourself.


Thank you for your supporting words. What i have lost was my childhood innocents. I do not feel responsible for that loss.

Why is there a minimum three sides to a story? Can you tell me some more about that insight you have? BTW I crossed the abyss last monday and a lot was revealed to me. I will go into more depth on this point the coming days.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ramon1969



Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 1019
Location: Switzerland

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SigSwat551 wrote:
Why is there a minimum three sides to a story? Can you tell me some more about that insight you have?

I’ts just a quote by Robert Evans: There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each differently.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SigSwat551



Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 1422
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramon1969 wrote:
I’ts just a quote by Robert Evans: There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each differently.


Robert Evans must be a very wise man. I wonder if there is something like a universal truth?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SigSwat551



Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 1422
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suddenly i realised that "Monotheist" represents the abyss in musical form. And i also realise the profound impact the musik of Tom has had on my life (Tnx Wink )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ramon1969



Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 1019
Location: Switzerland

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rise - Abyss within my soul
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SigSwat551



Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 1422
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramon1969 wrote:
Rise - Abyss within my soul


The soul in my opinion is your passion, your designated path, your true will. I haven't thought it through completely yet but that is my current view. I just now read the lyrics for the first time. WOW Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SigSwat551



Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 1422
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SigSwat551 wrote:
Ramon1969 wrote:
I’ts just a quote by Robert Evans: There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each differently.


Robert Evans must be a very wise man. I wonder if there is something like a universal truth?


Further adressing the quote of Mr. Evans:

- Someone could be lying
- The truth is subjective
- A story could have multiple farhers not just you and me

So in my opnion it is a rather simplified view.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group