Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Hey Herr Fischer....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Hellhammer General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SigSwat551

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Hey Herr Fischer.... Reply with quote

...having some time to waste i started thinking about Hellhammer. The general harsch reception in the beginning, the burden it became in the early years of Celtic Frost, the recognision it got later on as the cradle of certain metal genres and now your confidence of playing HH songs live with Triptykon.

As a fan I was asking myself if everything has come full circle regarding HH? I concluded that this is almost the case exept for one thing: as fans we never had the oppertunity to celebrate the HH regcognision with a live show containing the orginal HH line-up. My question to you: could you see this happening one day or is there no need for something like this on your part?

Tnx
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All supposition on my part, but I would think this extremely unlikely.

First, any Hellhammer lineup would have to be from an earlier version of the band, in light of what happened back in 2008.

Second, reading between the lines, it seems as if Tom views this as a youthful project and one that came to fruition back then. Isn't that the reason that he and Martin formed Celtic Frost? Because Hellhammer had reached its limit? That makes me think he would be unwilling to take the band for live shows.

Obviously, you can take all this with a grain of salt.

CF: 84-93, 01-08. R.I.P.
SigSwat551

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think of this as unlikely....just wondering.
Paulie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible, but only if someone gets TGF a time machine to go back to 1983 to play with the same level of youthful na´vetÚ that has long been replaced with the inevitable mastery of his instruments (voice included).

It's not the passage of time that makes the difference in this instance but the irretrievable changes in the players that makes HH *now* impossible -

Even if it's the same players, the players are not the same.

Only reality is real,
PAULIE
SigSwat551

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulie,

I agree with everything you said. Hellhammer is indeed in the past and in no way my question was implying to ressurect something that is dead but not forgotten.

I was simply asking if there is a possibility/need to jointly celebrate as the people we are now.
Akhenaton

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SigSwat551 wrote:

I was simply asking if there is a possibility/need to jointly celebrate as the people we are now.
There is certainly no harm in asking, Sig! I know that your query comes from a place of heartfelt enthusiasm & love for the music they created. Let's keep our fingers "crossed" (upside down) for a response from Satanic Slaughter!
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hellhammer will never be resurrected...

...will never be reformed...

...will never return in any capacity to create, record,
or play music live in any setting...

...because it was a band entirely existent within its time.

http://www.hellhammer.org/
SigSwat551

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, i've read those words. Even if you wanted to do something like i suggested these words make it near impossible to do so without attracting all kind of flak. I guess it's all clear then.
Akhenaton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likely we will not see a Hellhammer reunion, but I suppose that Triptykon will play a song (or 2 if they have time) on upcoming tours. It's going to feel good, & will resonate with the namesake of the band. Celtic Frost released much more material, but Hellhammer seems to be just as important to Tom. From what I gather the other 3 members of Triptykon delight in playing Hellhammer- they just didn't take it out of the rehearsal room until way late in their last run.
SigSwat551

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the need to react to what is said in this thread sofar. Triptykon is a work of art...it deserves to live on forever as far as i am concerned. Hellhammer was a pure unfiltered raw eruption of nature. A reformed Hellhammer could easily coexist next to Triptykon. Doing a small number of performances now and then.

And now i will shut up forever about this topic. Laughing
DrMorbid
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sig Very Happy
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SigSwat551

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrMorbid wrote:
Hi Sig Very Happy

Hi buddy.......it has been too long since we had a conversation Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Hellhammer General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: