Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Triptykon announce Melana Chasmata details
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TODESKING

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Just trying to make sure that we get as many of these as we can into actual fans' hands first, and not into the hands of the eBay leeches. "

That's why i've posted this here. (exspecially after this BREATHING-red Vinyl eBay rip off)
ZacharySmith

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to hearing Vanja doing some vocals. If her voice is anything near the quality of her thunderous bass work then I will be mighty impressed! It's great that Triptykon have a female band member; to me it just adds dimensionality and depth.

Really looking forward to the new release (of course) - not long now!
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TODESKING wrote:
"Just trying to make sure that we get as many of these as we can into actual fans' hands first, and not into the hands of the eBay leeches. "

That's why i've posted this here. (exspecially after this BREATHING-red Vinyl eBay rip off)

No worries: it was abundantly clear. And thanks!

CF: 84-93, 01-08. R.I.P.
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, Dave Ingham! Glad to see you back!

peterott

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New song Altar of Deceit played live at Blastfest/Bergen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTCiqWjI1Zk
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: Triptykon announce Melana Chasmata details Reply with quote

So, per usual, TGF and crew release details during the creative process and usually, things just change. For instance, as I recall, the track order for Monotheist was pretty well set, but then Martin and Tom recorded a song at the last minute (wasn't it "Totengott"?) which completely changed the complexion of the record. I think we might have a few less clues, this time around, but this is sort of interesting:

Back in October, we got a press release in the middle of things, indicating the following track titles:

Tripytkon 10/22/13 Press Release wrote:
Boleskine House
Stasis
Gate To My Own Death
Demon Pact
Gehinnam
Tree Of Suffocated Souls
Unchristian Anthem
and many more

Of course, the actual track titles are:

Triptykon 2/25/14 Press Release wrote:
1. Tree Of Suffocating Souls
2. Boleskine House
3. Altar Of Deceit
4. Breathing
5. Aurorae
6. Demon Pact
7. In The Sleep Of Death
8. Black Snow
9. Waiting

It looks like "Stasis", "Gate to My Own Death", "Gehinnam" and "Unchristian Anthem" were either renamed or scrapped. It will be interesting to see if we can piece these things together, as time unfolds.

Tom Gabriel Fischer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Triptykon announce Melana Chasmata details Reply with quote

Knucklehead wrote:
So, per usual, TGF and crew release details during the creative process and usually, things just change. For instance, as I recall, the track order for Monotheist was pretty well set, but then Martin and Tom recorded a song at the last minute (wasn't it "Totengott"?) which completely changed the complexion of the record. I think we might have a few less clues, this time around, but this is sort of interesting:

Back in October, we got a press release in the middle of things, indicating the following track titles:

Tripytkon 10/22/13 Press Release wrote:
Boleskine House
Stasis
Gate To My Own Death
Demon Pact
Gehinnam
Tree Of Suffocated Souls
Unchristian Anthem
and many more

Of course, the actual track titles are:

Triptykon 2/25/14 Press Release wrote:
1. Tree Of Suffocating Souls
2. Boleskine House
3. Altar Of Deceit
4. Breathing
5. Aurorae
6. Demon Pact
7. In The Sleep Of Death
8. Black Snow
9. Waiting

It looks like "Stasis", "Gate to My Own Death", "Gehinnam" and "Unchristian Anthem" were either renamed or scrapped. It will be interesting to see if we can piece these things together, as time unfolds.

"Stasis" was actually recorded and might see the light of the day at a later date. As was a song called "Dystopia".

There is an additional song by Victor and me, called "Into Despair". It was part of the album until early February, but the album was deemed a bit too long. It wasn't an easy decision to remove it. The song is reminiscent of some of the music recorded on "Into The Pandemonium". It will be the bonus track in Japan (as the Japanese record company customarily request one additional track), and it will be released as part of a forthcoming EP.

"Gehinnam" became "Breathing" by late December 2013, but the lyrical idea for "Gehinnam" still exists and might resurface at some point in the future. Much the same applies to the idea for "Unchristian Anthem". "Gate To My Own Death" has not yet been completed.

We also hope to record more music this year; among this might be a drastically different version of an album track.

Tom gabriel Fischer
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Triptykon fans will be very spoiled this year: a single; a long-player; and, potentially an EP?

Obviously, this round was very productive, creatively. And, you have said in the past that you are committed to providing value to fans by releasing albums that are longer, rather than shorter. As I recall, that conversation was in the context of Reign in Blood running only 29 minutes.

Now, Melana Chasmata has not yet been released, so we (meaning the fans) don't know the lyrical concepts or thematic content. And I'm guessing, based on the lengths of Monotheist and ED, that MC will push close to, if not surpass, the 60-minute mark. I'm wondering if there was any talk within the band about releasing two ablums, as opposed to an album and potentially an EP? Obviously, certain enlightened segments of the metal community would scream "cashgrab!", but I'm thinking that may make the albums more digestible and, much more honestly, keep me satisifed between this release and the next.

Clearly, this is all speculation about songs that I haven't heard on an album that hasn't been released. But I got curious this morning, based on your reply.

I.A.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triptykon's Facebook page wrote:
A personal message from Tom Gabriel Warrior: "The box set with extra items, limited to an edition of 2000, contains the mediabook edition of the album. It is not a Triptykon product, however, but a Century Media idea (much like the 10" box is a Nuclear Blast-only edition). I strongly dislike the CM box, and it is my personal recommendation to Triptykon's fans not to purchase it."

"CM have licensed the rights for the album and can thus market it as they wish, but that doesn't mean there are merits in such a limited edition venture. I personally feel it is in bad taste and does not represent Triptykon. All items which are officially issued by Triptykon (i.e., the mediabook CD, the pendant, and the tote bag) will be available separately through the usual outlets, so there is no need to support such a cheap and ill-fitting marekting venture."

This is a bold statement. Men of lesser integrity would have kept their mouth shut.
DL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really wonderful with all this Triptykon activity, exciting news a-plenty and not least detailed reports from the works in progress. Thanks, TGF! You got me drooling allright, almost verging on dehydration.
And now I don't have to feel bad at all for not being able to afford that box set, on the contrary - I'll stick to the proper releases! Cool
MEGIDDO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also hope for a video soon , supporting a new track . I 've no doubt about its perfect achievement as the Shatter one .
spiral architect 67

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, lots od interesting items and, talking about videos.. I' d like to see a live dvd from the next tour with a long setlist, consisting of material from all CF and Triptykon albums, with some never performed songs like Rex irae for instance, that would be perfect.
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any information on when Melana Chasmata will be available for pre-order?

Ramon1969

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knucklehead wrote:
Does anyone have any information on when Melana Chasmata will be available for pre-order?

In Switzerland you can place a pre-order here:

CD: http://www.cede.ch/de/music/?branch_sub=1&view=detail&id=1150253&branch=1

Vinyl: http://www.cede.ch/de/music/?branch_sub=4&view=detail&id=1150190&branch=1
Akhenaton

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knucklehead wrote:
You can pre-order from Amazon. Vinyl/Cd/Mp3. I don't have much experience with them, but so far everything that I have bought through them is right on the dial. Good service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14

Jump to: