Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Triptykon Confirmed for Wacken Open Air 2016
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zane Reed Johnson
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject: Triptykon Confirmed for Wacken Open Air 2016 Reply with quote

Triptykon have been confirmed for Wacken Open Air 2016:

http://www.wacken.com/en/bands/bands-billing/bands-billing/triptykon-2016/
www.celticfrost.com
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
GigerFrost

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see the enthusiasm as obviously Wacken is important for many. However, for me it does not work. I prefer to enjoy dark and doomy music in dark cellars and tiny clubs.
Tom Gabriel Fischer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GigerFrost wrote:
However, for me it does not work. I prefer to enjoy dark and doomy music in dark cellars and tiny clubs.

I agree. You are entirely correct in all of the points you make.

Moreover, the manner of conduct exhibited by the organizers of the Wacken festival leads me to reconsider the entire venture (which a group such as Triptykon has agreed to due to mere rational reasons).

Tom Gabriel Fischer
nuke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Gabriel Fischer wrote:
(...) the manner of conduct exhibited by the organizers of the Wacken festival leads me to reconsider the entire venture

I totally agree on this. A festival organizer, who thinks he can buy "reunion" shows, just by offerning a large enough amount of money, can't be taken serious, especially not from a (true) musicians point of view - one who makes music for the musics sake and not because of the cash... Mad

Triptykon Facebook Fan Page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/111028230150/
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GigerFrost wrote:
However, for me it does not work. I prefer to enjoy dark and doomy music in dark cellars and tiny clubs.

Definitely the best way, in my opinion. This is, after all, music of the night.

I missed MDF 2014, when mgla played. They played in the middle of the afternoon on an outdoor stage during the first North American appearance. I would have loved to have been there. But I obviously would have preferred, even then, to see them play some club that only holds 500 people, at night. I'm hoping this second scenario pans out.

Given the atmosphere and lyrical content of dark music, the full effect is lost when played in broad daylight, when I'm tempted to go sit on a patio somewhere and have a beer.

CF: 84-93, 01-08. R.I.P.
Tom Gabriel Fischer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, I agree.

Moreover, the business conduct of the Wacken organizers is very strongly reminiscent of Noise Records' conduct towards their bands in the 1980s, in my humble opinion. We have thus now taken the decision that the most appropriate course of action might be to withdraw from the festival. We have advised our manager to discuss this with the festival.

The longer I think about it, the more I am becoming convinced that what they can offer - and specifically the manner with which they do it - is not the appropriate platform for any of my music. It was already obvious after my previous two main stage appearances with Celtic Frost and Triptykon. It is a prime example of size not being of any advantage and not being equal to professionalism - quite on the contrary.

Tom Gabriel Fischer
GigerFrost

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never I would disrespect the art of Triptykon because of them playing huge festivals. However, I very much respect the thoughts of doubt as explained by Tom.
MEGIDDO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

may be the best example of the fact that sometimes a small venue may bring a so dense atmosphere coupled with an extraordinary performance.
everyone here remembers this unique Austrian representation.

Neudegg Alm, Abtenau, Austria . June 23th , 2012 , during the midnight summer soltice celebration,
Triumph of Death was phenomenal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imRxqu8OBII

thanx to Sig Swat .
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Gabriel Fischer wrote:
Moreover, the business conduct of the Wacken organizers is very strongly reminiscent of Noise Records' conduct towards their bands in the 1980s, in my humble opinion. We have thus now taken the decision that the most appropriate course of action might be to withdraw from the festival. We have advised our manager to discuss this with the festival.

I don't want to be disrespectful in any case. But, why did you then confirmed for Wacken? You have been played already there and know exactly how this festival works.
Then it will be happen that many many people will be very disappointed about TRIPTYKON.
Do you really want to do that? Is it worth for it?
Akhenaton

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing an outdoor festival with the sun shining is always a challenge for any band with a dark aesthetic. Also I understand that the organizers of the big ones, like Wacken, are businessmen & their priorities are not in line with an Artists. However, it's a given that through playing a festival like Wacken again there will be members of the audience who will hear your work for the first time, Tom, & will go on to buy tickets to your future shows in the labyrinthine cellars of the underground around the world.
MEGIDDO

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akhenaton wrote:
Playing an outdoor festival with the sun shining is always a challenge for any band with a dark aesthetic. Also I understand that the organizers of the big ones, like Wacken, are businessmen & their priorities are not in line with an Artists. However, it's a given that through playing a festival like Wacken again there will be members of the audience who will hear your work for the first time, Tom, & will go on to buy tickets to your future shows in the labyrinthine cellars of the underground around the world.

agreed.
Despite the supermarket side of these festivals, the impact on the audience is substantial and significant.
it's also a tribune through the -good and bad- medias .
I've translated an article by La Grosse Radio (The Big Radio) that describes the band's gig at Hellfest in 2015, on Temple stage.
Ultra positive reviews from a non exclusive Metal media are sufficiently rare in the country that it deserves to be reported.

"Legends, Hellfest can claim to have seen pass over its six stages. If Tom G. Warrior does not like to be qualified like that , he remains an essential extreme metal Icon . It's not for nothing if the band is so high in the poster of the Temple, which is ready to dive under a veil as pale as it is captivating.

During just an hour, Triptykon going to bet set to offer both balanced and risky. Balanced because it will be entitled to Celtic Frost standards, including the indispensable "Circle of the Tyrants" and two tracks of both albums of the band, Eparistera Daimones and Melana chasmata. Risky, because a one hour set, the band doesn't try to get to the point or to play the best possible titles. The proof with the conclusion what "The Prolonging ', long 20 minutes
Yet Triptykon captivates, Triptykon mesmerizes and especially Triptykon charms. The audience is entranced by the macabre scenes that weave the four musicians, is caught in the game, hovering over "The Prolonging ', headbanging on" Procreation (Of the Wicked) "or raising his fist on the slow but furious" Altar of Deceit ".

The musicians participating in the game with a bare but qtudied show. The lighting, the cold tones participating in this dark atmosphere, briefly illuminating with a smoky stage on which Vanja Slajh and V. Santura play symmetrically to the right and left of Tom G.Warrior, only master on board, which despite his frontman force, doesn'tt hesitate to identify all possible emotions through his sincere interpretation.

After impressing in 2014 with the morbid beauty of Melana Chasmata, Triptykon stay monumentum and throw in the face of Hellfest a nocturnal and macabre set. With abrupt sounds and glaucous atmospheres, Tom G. Warrior and his mates show a pure and terribly catchy music . It remains to the listener only to cross the threshold of their world."

http://www.lagrosseradio.com/metal/webzine-metal/live-report-metal/p12038-triptykon-au-hellfest-2015.html
Tom Gabriel Fischer

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akhenaton wrote:
Playing an outdoor festival with the sun shining is always a challenge for any band with a dark aesthetic

I have never played Wacken in the sun, not with Celtic Frost, nor with Sarke, nor with Triptykon. Nor would I ever.

Tom Gabriel Fischer
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The concert of TRIPTYKON in Wacken will be broadcasted live on TV (3sat). Saturday, 06.08.2016, 20:55 - 22:10 CET
Quote:
Neben Arte Concert wird auch 3sat wieder einige hochkarätige Shows vom heiligen Acker zeigen! Der Sender überträgt am Samstag zur Primetime (ab 20:15) fast vier Stunden lang live aus Wacken, Markus Kavka und Rainer Maria Jilg moderieren das Spektakel. Das ganze ist dann natürlich auch online auf 3sat.de verfolgbar!

Mit im Programm sind Steel Panther, Triptykon, Blind Guardian, Tarja und Ministry.

Außerdem zeigt 3sat ab dem 13. August zehn Einzelkonzerte! Die Termine:
Samstag, 13.08. um 05.15 Uhr
Montag, 15.08. ab 02.05 Uhr (3 Stück)
Freitag, 19.08. ab 03.50 Uhr (2 Stück)
Samstag, 20.08. um 02.55 Uhr
Montag, 22.08. ab 02.30 Uhr (3 Stück)

http://www.wacken.com/de/news/news/news-detail/3sat-sendeplan-vom-woa/
nuke

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRIPTYKONs performance at Wacken will also be broadcasted in a webstream on ARTE Concert at http://concert.arte.tv/de and later on viewable as a video-on-demand at http://concert.arte.tv/de/wacken#section-all-concerts .

Triptykon Facebook Fan Page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/111028230150/
TODESKING

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SENSATION : SIMONE VOLLENWEIDER ! Expect the unexspected ,my friends Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: