Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Triptykon Confirmed for Wacken Open Air 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TODESKING

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AURORAE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey Bubbles Wink
FANTASTIC !
VoiVoD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - What an AMAZING Gig!

Aurorae live: Superb Guitar Work by V. Santura: Looping and E-Bow etc. - just GREAT!

And the 2 Songs with Simone: Now that great long heard voice has a (very nice) face - Thank You very much to get her with You to Wacken.

On TV and online the Sound was really over the top and you had the best time to performe there at Wacken: Sunset till real Darkness - Perfekt! And You brought back the Open Fires from the 2011 Wacken Concert.

Two things were new: Vanja's Destroyer Bass and is red metallic the new black?

V instead of Iceman - I didn't find any information about this guitar right now. Is it a new endorsment for the 2017 season or a really old treasure of Tom's collection?
Svartmetall

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I saw Tom credited as 'V-Axe Holocaust' on one of the Hellhammer releases; whether it's that old V resurrected or a new one, I have no idea.
DL

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TODESKING wrote:
SENSATION : SIMONE VOLLENWEIDER ! Expect the unexspected ,my friends Laughing

OMFG, that was even beyond the usual Triptykon greatness!!! And most of all: OBSCURED!!!!!! Endless thanks for this!!! Hoping to see more of Simone live (permanent touring member, even?? ). Wink
Tom Gabriel Fischer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VoiVoD wrote:
V instead of Iceman - I didn't find any information about this guitar right now. Is it a new endorsment for the 2017 season or a really old treasure of Tom's collection?

I played this exact model Flying-V by Ibanez (a 1982 Rocket Roll II) back in 1983 to 1984, on Hellhammer's Triumph Of Death and Satanic Rites demos and the Apocalyptic Raids EP. I had wanted to acquire one of these guitars again for years, and last autumn I finally found one that was in a decent condition. I had my usual guitar shop (Strings in Winterthur, Switzerland) refurbish it, and it sounds very heavy and very dirty now.

It is just a personal hommage to my beginnings. I will of course always keep playing the Icemans, too (which I have played since 1984).

Tom Gabriel Fischer
nuke

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch TRIPTYKONs full concert from Wacken Open Air 2016 here in HD quality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri9rgcegl3Y

Enjoy! \m/

Triptykon Facebook Fan Page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/111028230150/
MEGIDDO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grandiose .
A Class guest ;Simone is wonderful . I love her non-metal attitude on stage .
What a stage : the 4 demon symbols , those giant T plus the bloody V guitar and this colossal Ibanez bass guitar .
What set list : a dream comes true : ... Obscured , Boleskine House , Aurorae , Morbid Tales ...
A unique Moment . the band seems to have passed into another dimension.
SigSwat551

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing concert.....and Simone adds just so much to those songs. Fantastic playing by the band...just amazing!
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triptykon at Wacken, August 6, 2016. Photographed by the esteemed Toni B. Gunner (mondkringel-photography.de), who graciously agreed to officially document the entire event for Triptykon.

http://mondkringel-photography.de/triptykon-woa-2016/
CameronV

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Gabriel Fischer wrote:
VoiVoD wrote:

I played this exact model Flying-V by Ibanez (a 1982 Rocket Roll II) back in 1983 to 1984, on Hellhammer's Triumph Of Death and Satanic Rites demos and the Apocalyptic Raids EP. I had wanted to acquire one of these guitars again for years, and last autumn I finally found one that was in a decent condition. I had my usual guitar shop (Strings in Winterthur, Switzerland) refurbish it, and it sounds very heavy and very dirty now.

It is just a personal hommage to my beginnings. I will of course always keep playing the Icemans, too (which I have played since 1984).

Tom Gabriel Fischer

The entire show was remarkable. Aurorae in a live setting is incredible. Stunning setlist.
Brilliant.
VoiVoD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Gabriel Fischer wrote:
VoiVoD wrote:

Tom Gabriel Fischer

Thank you very much for this personal answer. You are very lucky to find such a rare guitar after all these years.

It's very hard to find some information about your RR50, even Ibanez hide the 82'es catalogue page behind a Iceman and Destroyer link at their catalogue archives, but I found it at last: http://www.ibanez.com/anniversary/expansion.php?cat_id=78&now=2

Greetings from Schleswig-Holstein
GigerFrost

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, wow, wow!! One hellish dream of a gig, I have to say. Being very sceptical about the Wacken thing before, I just enjoyed the whole show on youtube on my vacation in Greece. And fuckin hell, I am blown away. The backdrop, yeah, love it! The fire, the atmosphere, the sound, and the setlist! Obscured!! Love to Simone for really shining on stage. And man, Tom was enjoying the show. Gave me the impression of a man who came to terms with himself a 100%. Goosebumbs! Will watch it over again today. 10 outta 10 for Triptykon at Wacken.
MEGIDDO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boleskine House is clearly one of the numerous peaks of this brilliant gig .
3 lead singers during the song !! Simone gives me chills on the last part 'till the end . her participation to the final salute is a pure class act .
Aurorae : How to have secured the third guitar ? I think more about Victors pedals effect than anything else ...
Morbid Tales is resurrected by fire. bigger than ever .
VoiVoD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just rewatching ....

What a great Gig and the RR50 is with all the background knowledge a really hot Farbtupfl.

Ouch - just listening to the Prolonging Intro and my feet start to ache again - 2011 was great too, but I had over 2 hours Priest action before 1st-Row Triptykon then.
SigSwat551

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've watched this concert about a dozen times by now. It's amazing what Triptykon has become. I know i've said it before but Simone is the topping on the cake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: