Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Third album
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bubbles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject: Third album Reply with quote

Ok, third album will be, we all know it. And triptych will be completed.
So, we already know - cover will be one of Giger's masterpieces. The First cover was made in dark-blue/black colors, second - in dark-green/black, third - maybe in dark-red/black? Maybe stuff like Dead Star The Demon detail, or some Biomechanical?
Album tittle - two greek words? 9 songs?
And we know about some unreleased/unfinished(on the 2014) songs like Gate To My Own Death, Stasis, and some more. Maybe we will hear it on the third album?
What do you think about it all?
TODESKING

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutly nothing. It makes no sense to think about it.
nemesisusurper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking, it would be a nice stop gap between albums to hear the e.p. which was spoken about following the release of Melana Chasmata and which was due to feature unreleased tracks from the album sessions and re-recorded/alternate versions of some the album tracks.
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemesisusurper wrote:
I'm thinking, it would be a nice stop gap between albums to hear the e.p. which was spoken about following the release of Melana Chasmata and which was due to feature unreleased tracks from the album sessions and re-recorded/alternate versions of some the album tracks.

+1
Quote:
Triptykon's second album, Melana Chasmata (rough translation: "black, deep depressions/valleys") will be released on April 14 (Europe) and April 15 (North America), 2014, through Century Media Records/Prowling Death Records Ltd.

Like its predecessor Eparistera Daimones, the album was produced by Triptykon's singer/guitarist Tom Gabriel Warrior and guitarist V. Santura and recorded and mixed at V. Santura's own Woodshed Studio in southern Germany as well as at Triptykon's rehearsal facilities in Zurich, Switzerland, in 2013 and 2014. Those who have already heard Melana Chasmata have described it as "atmospheric, dark, diabolical, and dramatic", "diverse, epic, and doomy, but on an entirely different level", "a fierce boulder of abhorrence", or "very heavy and yet very aesthetic at the same time".

Melana Chasmata will feature the following nine songs, at a playing time of around 67 minutes:

1. Tree Of Suffocating Souls
2. Boleskine House
3. Altar Of Deceit
4. Breathing
5. Aurorae
6. Demon Pact
7. In The Sleep Of Death
8. Black Snow
9. Waiting

Further new Triptykon music has been recorded, to be released as an EP or mini album later in 2014 or early in 2015.

Among other formats, the album will be released as a 32-page Mediabook (with lyrics and liner notes to every song, and with a special fold out poster), as a gatefold vinyl double album (with posters and large-format booklet), and for digital download. Additionally, Century Media is scheduled to issue a special box set, limited to 2000 copies. The box set will include the album, a Triptykon silver pendant, a poster, postcards, a Triptykon tote bag, and a cap.

To commemorate the unveiling of Melana Chasmata, Century Media will release a collector's gatefold 7" vinyl single, featuring the songs Breathing and Boleskine House. The single will be available on March 17, 2014, and be limited to a pressing 1000 (of which 200 will be in red vinyl). Breathing and Boleskine House will also be available as a digital single (including the option for a digital booklet), and they will be streamed on YouTube and Soundcloud.

Melana Chasmata will be further distinguished by featuring, for the second time for Triptykon, the extraordinary art of legendary Swiss surrealist HR Giger. Following Eparistera Daimones, the group began to make arrangements for an entirely different cover for the second album. Completely unexpectedly, HR Giger approached Tom Gabriel Warrior in October of 2011 to express his appreciation of how Triptykon had used his art on the first album and to propose a continuation of the artistic collaboration. This development thus marks the first time any musical artist has worked with HR Giger on three albums (Celtic Frost's To Mega Therion, and Triptykon's Eparistera Daimones and Melana Chasmata), and it commemorates a collaboration that has now lasted for 30 years.

Melana Chasmata features Giger's dramatically mysterious Mordor VII (work no. 283, 100 x 70 cm, acrylic on wood, 1975) as a front cover and Giger's Landschaft XVI [Landscape XVI] (work no. 209, 100 x 70 cm, acrylic on paper on wood, 1972) as gatefold art.

After a lengthy hiatus, Triptykon will return to the stage this year to promote Melana Chasmata. Among the concerts so far scheduled are appearances at the celebrated Roadburn Festival, at Rock Hard Festival, and, pending the issuance of the proper visas by US authorities, Triptykon's return to the United States for an exclusive appearance at Maryland Death Fest.

Triptykon consists of V. Santura (guitar, vocals), Norman Lonhard (drums, percussion), Vanja Slajh (bass, vocals), and Tom Gabriel Warrior (voice, guitars).
Bubbles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
later in 2014 or early in 2015

C'mon, it's already early 2016, we will never see Aurorae EP. Better to have to wait for the album, not EP.
Deni

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if the EP will be released, but anyway I think the idea to bring a dark red/black art to the third album really cool.
In my vision, it would establish a connection to the MT original EP and re-issue CD artcover, as well, and especially, to the inside art of TMT "Victoria III".

Just my opinion...
Dethroned Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too much speculation, I will be glad whenever new music will be available, no matter if it's an Ep or an LP.
However, I do not think that a new LP will be released anytime soon.
An EP would be more logical in my opinion.
Also, the description of the EP sounds more interesting to me right now, some new songs, some re-recorded songs, maybe some live material?

Also, was it ever said that each album would be adorned with a H.R. Giger painting? When it comes to TGF I learned to always expect the unexpected, which is why I fell in love with the music in the first place.
Tom Gabriel Fischer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next Triptykon album will indeed feature the third Giger/Triptykon collaboration; the very last album cover concept HR Giger was personally involved in and personally approved before his death. It is an honour to thus fulfill his own proposal of continuing our collaboration.

After this album, however, Triptykon's Giger period will be concluded. The fourth album - should I live long enough to complete it - will feature completely different cover art; it has actually already been designed. HR Giger's widow offered us to continue using Giger artwork, but I decided against it - I only wanted to use the covers Giger and I jointly selected, and the layouts he saw and approved before his demise.

The third Triptykon album will be preceded, shortly before its release, by an EP. This EP is to contain new music as well as some of the songs we recorded during the sessions for Melana Chasmata but haven't released yet.

Tom Gabriel Fischer
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Gabriel Fischer wrote:
The third Triptykon album will be preceded, shortly before its release, by an EP. This EP is to contain new music as well as some of the songs we recorded during the sessions for Melana Chasmata but haven't released yet.

Then this EP is like a "bridge" between Melana Chasmata and the new album?
Melancholia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramon1969 wrote:
Tom Gabriel Fischer wrote:

Then this EP is like a "bridge" between Melana Chasmata and the new album?

Don't get too far with those thoughts that you have already in your mind, we already know an EP will be relaesed in some date in the near future but I'm not sure if we should call it a bridge or not, however, I hope this third album have some strenght and might more than what Melana Chasmata had because I was a bit disappointed with that one, in the mean time, I wish for this third album to recieve the amount of success that Eparistera Daimones had, hopefully we get some new songs before the actual release date of the album but with the issues we have already in myspace pages I'm not really sure if we can get one, that's how it supposed to be done

As for you warrior, I wish I could have said things about you less than what I did, that doesn't make you an old man, after this passing years we do still have the appetite for life but what makes you an old men is sitting there doing nothing, I do really admire your music so much and I can't wait to hear your new material, love and respect
MEGIDDO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This EP could be called preamble, viaduct , gateway or anything else. nevermind
The purpose is its acquisition, whatever the months or years of material creation. zero importance for me .
More or less strength, heavy, soft, doom, Metal: idem as I already said, an album of Triptykon isn't a banal release such like a band of revival thrash , stoner old school or something like that , I've got much more high expectations than that.
If the album contains 3 or 4 songs in the vein of Aurorae, My Pain, Waiting or classical compositions like Winter., I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Again. I know it will be anything but routine.I want to be surprised and it must get out of my listening comfort zone, without any kind of limit.
Akhenaton

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Shatter ep is anything to go by, & it may be, then what we can expect are 2-3 selections from the Melana Chasmata sessions &, in replacement of the 2 live CF songs, perhaps some Hellhammer live & something from the sessions for the 3rd lp. Though Tom does not mention any HH live here I'm thinking that it'll be included in some way soon, in following with the general theme. Also, in response to Todesking's dismissal of this thread, I disagree in that it could be valuable to the band to know what the fans might expect & to deviate from that slightly to surprise, & certainly is valuable to know that we are enthusiastically awaiting the future.
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akhenaton wrote:
it could be valuable to the band to know what the fans might expect

When the band is in the creative mode, I'm pretty sure that this is not a consideration.

CF: 84-93, 01-08. R.I.P.
Bubbles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if there some possibility that Bruce Day or Steve Warrior will be feature like a guest star on some Triptykon material? Maybe backing vocal of Steve or some Bruce/Steve appearance in the clips?
TODESKING

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knucklehead wrote:
Akhenaton wrote:
it could be valuable to the band to know what the fans might expect

When the band is in the creative mode, I'm pretty sure that this is not a consideration.

Exactly! That's what i mean when i say "It makes no sense to think about it". Expect the unexpected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: