Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Celtic Frost Remastering Sessions 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Celtic Frost General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MEGIDDO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Discogs , 2 posters are included in MT, TMT and ITP double vinyls edition only . Not for cds .
Just the confirmation I was waiting for ...
drterror666

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that confirms what I thought. I'm going for the CDs.
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the first reviews in german. Mr. Andreas Schiffmann must be deaf on both ears...

Andreas Schiffmann wrote:
Was das Remastering angeht: Großartige Unterschiede zu den Sanctuary-Nachbearbeitungen sind nicht erkennbar.

Andreas Schiffmann wrote:
As far as remastering is concerned: Great differences to the Sanctuary remasters are not recognizable.

Tom Gabriel Fischer wrote:
These current reissues also allow us to address a number of issues:

When I left the mastering studio in 1999, I was also of the strict opinion that the 1999 reissues constituted the definitive versions. In the 17 years (!) since, a number of audio deficiencies on these reissues have been revealed, however. Some of them were even listed right here, on the (then) Celtic Frost discussion forum.

While it is impossible to ever achieve a "perfect" reissue, V. Santura and me were able to address and correct many of these audio deficiencies (drop-outs, channel level variations, etc.), and by examining the albums in such great detail, we discovered an additional number of such minute deficiencies and addressed them as well. It wasn't possible in every single case, but we took great care to do as much as we could (and, once again, we did this with restraint and greatest respect for the original substance). The advances in mastering technology during the past 17 years have helped greatly in this process.

http://www.musikreviews.de/reviews/2017/Celtic-Frost/Morbid-Tales-Remastered/

http://www.musikreviews.de/reviews/2017/Celtic-Frost/To-Mega-Therion-Remastered/

http://www.musikreviews.de/reviews/2017/Celtic-Frost/Into-The-Pandemonium-Remastered/

http://www.musikreviews.de/reviews/2017/Celtic-Frost/VanityNemesis-Remastered/

http://www.musikreviews.de/reviews/2017/Celtic-Frost/Innocence-And-Wrath-Remastered/
Nocturnal Dimension

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I just purchased the new re-mastered /re-issues of TMT (2Lp) and cds of
ITP and Morbid Tales. I must say they look great with alot of material and stuff to read and I haven't played them yet but I'm sure they sound great. But , there is one BIG mistake (which I think was already mentioned?) and that is some bonehead at Noise Records really fucked up and posted the wrong credits on the back cover of Into The Pandemonium! unforgivable and ridiculous! Rolling Eyes
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Dimension wrote:
ITP and Morbid Tales. I must say they look great with alot of material and stuff to read and I haven't played them yet but I'm sure they sound great. But , there is one BIG mistake (which I think was already mentioned?) and that is some bonehead at Noise Records really fucked up and posted the wrong credits on the back cover of Into The Pandemonium! unforgivable and ridiculous! Rolling Eyes

Ramon1969 wrote:
Ramon1969 wrote:
Tom, have you noticed the massive errors on the Into the Pandemonium back cover?
The credits from To Mega Therion are written on the Into the Pandemonium back cover Exclamation
You did not mention that in your Blog.

Well, I haven't been involved in the project since the very beginning of February, and I thus never received the final files, which I originally would have used to do a word by word check (as we and our A&R partner at Century Media always do it individually with every Triptykon release).

Having said that, I did point this out to BMG (in spite of my standpoint on the reissues), and they now sent me a different file.

I can't say I would be sad if this was released with such a major mistake on it, however.

Tom Gabriel Fischer

Received the CD-versions today. Believe it or not, the errors I've reported above are on the final CD-version of Into the Pandemonium. Exclamation
nemesisusurper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramon1969 wrote:

Ramon1969 wrote:
Ramon1969 wrote:
Tom, have you noticed the massive errors on the Into the Pandemonium back cover?
The credits from To Mega Therion are written on the Into the Pandemonium back cover Exclamation
You did not mention that in your Blog.

Well, I haven't been involved in the project since the very beginning of February, and I thus never received the final files, which I originally would have used to do a word by word check (as we and our A&R partner at Century Media always do it individually with every Triptykon release).

Having said that, I did point this out to BMG (in spite of my standpoint on the reissues), and they now sent me a different file.

I can't say I would be sad if this was released with such a major mistake on it, however.

Tom Gabriel Fischer

Received the CD-versions today. Believe it or not, the errors I've reported above are on the final CD-version of Into the Pandemonium. Exclamation

Pretty poor from Blatant Money Grabbers
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have listened attentively to all four albums on CD. The sound is incredibly good. Definitely the best sounding editions ever.
Particularly noteworthy are To Mega Therion and Into the Pandemonium. No comparison to the '99 remaster.
Victor, Tom and Zane did a great job on all four albums.
Now, I'm waiting for the vinyl editions...
Nocturnal Dimension

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well hearing about the sound quality is promising news, but it looks like I'm more angry about the liner notes mistakes than Tom! Evil or Very Mad Wink
MEGIDDO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope this shameful mistake doesn't concern vinyls. It may cool my desires.
Tom Gabriel Fischer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well hearing about the sound quality is promising news, but it looks like I'm more angry about the liner notes mistakes than Tom! Evil or Very Mad Wink

I agree that this is an utterly shameful mistake.

Easy solution, however: don't purchase the reissues. Done. Happiness ensues.

Tom Gabriel Fischer
Nocturnal Dimension

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apart from that mistake they do look very good as I' m looking through them now in my hands. and I'm sure the sound quality which was done for these are stellar quality . will give them a spin soon....
MEGIDDO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, the 3 vinyl editions of MT TMT and ITP are very well detailed on discogs so I see much clearer now.
The general artistic work is superb including covers, inner sleeves and vinyls, although I miss the traditional font. Congratulations to Tom for this so provided work.
I know, it's ridiculous, but as a maniac, everything is in the smallest details for me.
And there, tbh , big disappointment. Being a happy owner of the original editions, I always wanted to have them with the original posters:

- Morbid Tales. All is ok, the poster black and red is faithful to the first edition.

- To Mega Therion: Alas, three times alas, the poster with the blue logo and Dominic Steiner isn't part of the party. Being an absolute fan of Martin since the beginning, I nevertheless wanted this poster because it belongs to the history of the group at this precise moment. In the same way, I thought to take advantage of the complete new package of TMT + the material of Emperor's Return and therefore of the b/w poster. None this again .The 2 posters are respectively a reproduction of Satan I and a b/w photo session of Tragic Senerades EP.

- Into The Pandemonium: these are 2 posters with 2 b/w photos including one with Ron Marks.

I understand Tom 's position on these new editions but as I am not sure that someday the ultimate ones, completely controlled by Tom with the help of Martin, will see the light of sun in the future ...
Today I 'm very, very dubious about a possible purchase. I don't know...
Wurm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After looking at the vinyl editions on Disogs they all have notes entitled "A Personal View On (Insert album title) by Xavier Russell". I'm assuming these were commissioned at the 11th hour as a replacement after Tom pulled his liner notes out of the project?
Wurm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But , there is one BIG mistake (which I think was already mentioned?) and that is some bonehead at Noise Records really fucked up and posted the wrong credits on the back cover of Into The Pandemonium! unforgivable and ridiculous! Rolling Eyes

Looks like their incompetence continues as one person posted on Discogs, in reference to Into The Pandemonium, that "The first disc in my copy was Vanity/Nemesis". Shocked
Nocturnal Dimension

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wurm wrote:
After looking at the vinyl editions on Disogs they all have notes entitled "A Personal View On (Insert album title) by Xavier Russell". I'm assuming these were commissioned at the 11th hour as a replacement after Tom pulled his liner notes out of the project?

ah, maybe?? I didn't think about that. the notes on his reviews/thoughts are relevant to the releases and interesting but I'm sure Tom had much more in depth , stories to include.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Celtic Frost General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: