Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Delineation II: Origins (Feb 22, 2017)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Hellhammer General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Delineation II: Origins (Feb 22, 2017) Reply with quote

"Origins"
drterror666

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More of a BC Rich man myself Wink

But, you never forget your first 'proper' guitar!
SigSwat551

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like these little personel stories. Although i'm into metal since when i was 13 year old i never felt the need to play music myself.
drterror666

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in a crossover band in the late 80s called Moist Loins! We got about as far as rehearsal stage (one of which we taped) and then, sadly, broke up. Then life took over and that was that.

Once I get the equipment together, though, I want to do a noisy industrial project. That'll be fun!
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TGF wrote:
There really is no point to this story other than this having a deep personal significance to me

I'm guessing that's 95% of what I post here. And most of it doesn't even approach deep personal significance.

CF: 84-93, 01-08. R.I.P.
SigSwat551

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what the deep personal significance is of naming your band 'Moist Loins'. The first thought that crossed my mind was BBQ.
MEGIDDO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear that Tom is a fan of UFO and MSG. Michael Schenker started his carreer with a Les Paul as well , If I'm not wrong.
SigSwat551

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEGIDDO wrote:
Good to hear that Tom is a fan of UFO and MSG. Michael Schenker started his carreer with a Les Paul as well , If I'm not wrong.

Yeah.....Tom has a broad taste in music from what i've read. UFO and MSG however are not my cup of tea.
drterror666

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SigSwat551 wrote:
I wonder what the deep personal significance is of naming your band 'Moist Loins'. The first thought that crossed my mind was BBQ.

One of the other band members chose the name. I wanted a real metal name like Tornado! I think that was the problem, I wanted a punky metal sound, the drummer wanted to be more speed / thrash and the other guitarist loved classic American heavy metal. It wasn't going to work.

I don't mind some UFO or MSG, but they weren't personal favourites of mine when I was growing up. Like Tom, I discovered Venom early!
MEGIDDO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SigSwat551 wrote:
MEGIDDO wrote:

Yeah.....Tom has a broad taste in music from what i've read. UFO and MSG however are not my cup of tea.

too bad .
The UFO Schenker era is unique. In June 73, the band's musical structures became much more heavy with Schenker, leaving their space rock experience of their debut. The more than fabulous Schenker playing, coupled with Mogg's text reaches perfection. "The Force It" album is highly recommended. Listen to éElectric Phaseé of "Lights Out" album.
These songs also contributed to the birth of the Heavy Extreme, as did the first albums of Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Judas Priest, Motörhead, but also the first Scorpions, Schenker and Roth eras, Gillan (listen to '78 " Secrets of the dance "by Gillan: a true proto-thrash gem.)
The first album of MSG is a must. Ditto for Assault Attack.
matter of taste ... Wink
SigSwat551

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEGIDDO wrote:
too bad ......matter of taste ... Wink

It sure is. Funny that you mentioned the Scorpions because that was the first band i thought of when i've read UFO and MSG. Also a band i really couldn't get into. But thanks for the listening recommendations....i will revisit some songs as i'm curious if my taste has changed over the years regarding these bands.
drterror666

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEGIDDO wrote:
These songs also contributed to the birth of the Heavy Extreme, as did the first albums of Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Judas Priest, Motörhead, but also the first Scorpions, Schenker and Roth eras, Gillan (listen to '78 " Secrets of the dance "by Gillan: a true proto-thrash gem.)

What, Dave Lee Roth? Heavy Extreme? Seriously!!! I'd also argue that Priest's early stuff was not yet Heavy Metal as defined by the template they'd later lay down.
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drterror666 wrote:
MEGIDDO wrote:

What, Dave Lee Roth? Heavy Extreme? Seriously!!! I'd also argue that Priest's early stuff was not yet Heavy Metal as defined by the template they'd later lay down.

Uli Jon Roth, of course!
http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Uli_Jon_Roth/32573
MEGIDDO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drterror666 wrote:
MEGIDDO wrote:

great joke ! good one ! Very Happy
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEGIDDO wrote:
drterror666 wrote:
MEGIDDO wrote:

great joke ! good one ! Very Happy

That was not a joke for sure... The new Doc is more into crossover than real classic Hard Rock and Heavy Metal. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Hellhammer General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: