Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
The Unholy Trinity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Celtic Frost General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wurm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: The Unholy Trinity Reply with quote

I recently got my CD copies of the first three albums and I have to say that I would totally encourage anyone who hasn’t done so, to do so, even if only to justify the incredible work of Tom and V.Santura with regards to the remastering of these legendary recordings. The glossy digipaks are absolutely stunning with the credits, sleeve notes and especially the pictures, being very well assembled.

By now we all know about the printing mistake on Pandemonium and of course the absence of Tom’s liner notes which really would have put this project over the top and made them the ‘ultimate’ editions. However, putting that aside for a moment and if we were able to focus on just the music, which to me comes across as just as groundbreaking and cutting edge as it did the day that I tore off the shrink wrap of my vinyl copy of Morbid Tales, then I have to say I am more than pleased. I mean at the end of the day, I would have to make the argument that isn’t it the music that matters the most? If so then consider the job done because CF’s music has never sounded better. I haven’t listened to them all the way through from beginning to end yet, but I was driving in my car yesterday and put on Morbid Tales and right after “Human” segued straight into “Ray’s” I nearly shit myself as the sound just exploded out of my speakers. I can’t wait to listen to these on my proper sound system, but even in my car I could pick out subtle little nuances never noticed before, not to mention the bass is considerably more discernible now, especially throughout To Mega Therion. That’s all for now.
KRAMPUS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your description Wurm. I have seen a few unboxing videos and reviews of the reissues but I would like to read more peoples opinion about the sound improvements.

I haven't purchased them yet because I already own the original vinyls and then the original CD releases. But if the sound quality is that much better I would buy them again.

If anybody is an audiophile and did an A/B type comparison between the originals and reissues then could you please elaborate on your findings. I'm hoping that the new versions allow the music to breathe a little more especially on To Mega Therion. There was many layers to that album and some of the elements were a little buried in the mix.

Any further insight would be greatly appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Celtic Frost General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: