Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Martin Eric Ain dies at age 50
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Celtic Frost General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrMorbid
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A difficult thing to deal with.

I now deal with disappointment in myself having not reached out more since the events of 2008, and more disappointing since I always thought about speaking to Martin out of friendship and for documentation purposes. However, I always put excuses or other stuff in front of me.

It's the typical taking people for granted approach until they are gone. All that knowledge, all that history- all gone.

When we see a "gone too soon" post about one of our musical heroes, it is shocking enough. However, now it has affected our own circle and is surreal.
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
chrisdavisjr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I entend my sincerest condolences. I never had the pleasure of meeting Martin but seeing him perform with Celtic Frost at the Mean Fiddler in August of 2006 remains the best concert experience of my life. I really don't know what else to say; it's such a shock.
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrMorbid wrote:
I now deal with disappointment in myself having not reached out more since the events of 2008, and more disappointing since I always thought about speaking to Martin out of friendship and for documentation purposes. However, I always put excuses or other stuff in front of me.

It's the typical taking people for granted approach until they are gone. All that knowledge, all that history- all gone.

We are all guilty of this, my friend. It is so easy to get hunkered down in our own immediate lives and lose the forest for the trees. To get caught up in what we are doing right now and deferring the less immediate. Nonetheless, we should all strive to do and be better.

And the loss is still shocking. I'm not claiming that we were good friends -- we only met briefly once and I did not identify myself as a forum fanboy. So I was just another guy after a show, saying hey. But based on that single interaction and having watched several interviews, he seemed like a smart, engaging person who would have been easy to spend time with. And I respect that Tom's relationship with him was complex and, in large part, private. But, really and truly, the guy is a legend for his involvement in Hellhammer and Celtic Frost. (And, again, respect to Tom, because I know he actively avoids those sorts of labels.) This is a deep loss for the community and I can only imagine a deeper loss for those who actually knew him.

CF: 84-93, 01-08. R.I.P.
Ain Ground

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin Eric Ain was truly a legend, he was part of one of the greatest songwriting teams, with Thomas Gabriel Fischer, I really, really, really enjoyed Martin's contributions to music, whether it is in songwriting, vocals, or bass playing. Just like I asked here if Tom and Martin will ever reunite again, and Tom replied with a straight forward "NO", and sadly it is never going to happen. Monotheist Is in my opinion the HEAVIEST album I ever listened to. Based on the live video performances, Martin has such a powerful stage presence, just look at the 2006 Wacken performance by Celtic Frost for example. He will always be remembered by all of us. Martin will always be a huge musical influence to me along with Tom Gabriel Fischer. My DEEPEST condolences to Tom, his friends, his family, his colleagues and everyone who loved him dearly.
Durtal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For someone who commanded such presence on the stage, I remember Martin to be someone that was very humble and kind off the stage. Although that meeting was only for 5 minutes to a half hour at most, it was memorable for a lifetime, to "some punk kid" with extreme social anxiety in NYC back in '06.

I was just a fan ... despite whatever disagreements the members of the FROST had, I was just an appreciative fan of the music, nothing more

It is incredibly sad ... I wish I could say something more elaborate and deeper than that ... My deepest sympathies to all friends and family that were close to Martin

I hope you're now wherever it is you've always wanted to be, Martin
KRAMPUS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that Tom has some previously unreleased material (lyrics, riffs) that Martin wrote. Maybe Tom can craft a nice tribute or memorial song for Martin on the next Triptykon album.
drterror666

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't have the words. Martin was only two years older than me and was part of my entry into extreme music. Definitely, too young to die.
ApolloXI

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very sad news indeed. Somebody who I idolised as a teenager and whose work gave me huge amounts of joy. That music meant so much to me and in many ways still does. Rest In Peace friend.
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absoluter Höllenzwang.
Mein infernaler Opfergang.
Ein auferstanden Ungetier.
Festgenagelt tief in mir.

Ich allein bin mein.
Ein Nichts.
Verdorben mein Name.
Mein Leid mein Reich.
Mein Wille mein Fluch.
Über mich und außer mir.
Täglich hungert mein Leib.
Und dürstet meine Seele aufs Neue.
Ich trage die Schuld.
Wie ich ertrage die Beschuldigungen.
Ich bin in Versuchung.
Und kenne keine Erlösung.
Denn mein ist das Leid.
Die Wut.
Und das Streben.
Bis zum Tod.
Amen.

Requiescant in pace, Martin.
DrMorbid
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will anyone be at the Mascotte tomorrow for the Karaoke from Hell show?
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRAMPUS wrote:
Maybe Tom can craft a nice tribute or memorial song for Martin on the next Triptykon album.

That Tom's keeping the CF and HH legacies alive and up to date through Triptykon and his books etc is more than enough. Lovely, heart-wrenching eulogy, and the old photos of Martin that were recently posted.
Still, as a fan I can't help but share your hope - the missing second part of the Requiem would indeed bring some magnificent closure ...
(I want Winter to be played at my own funeral)
DL

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DL wrote:
KRAMPUS wrote:
Maybe Tom can craft a nice tribute or memorial song for Martin on the next Triptykon album.

That Tom's keeping the CF and HH legacies alive and up to date through Triptykon and his books etc is more than enough. Lovely, heart-wrenching eulogy, and the old photos of Martin that were recently posted.
Still, as a fan I can't help but share your hope - the missing second part of the Requiem would indeed bring some magnificent closure ...
(I want Winter to be played at my own funeral)

My jaw just dropped when I read that the Requiem is completed!!!!! WOW, amazing accomplishment, Tom! Really longing to hear it!!! Aswell as the EP and album, of course! GREAT news, happy n-UGH! year everyone!

http://fischerisdead.blogspot.se/2017/12/gradual-reemergence.html?m=1
"Ending the year with Triptykon commencing preparations for next year's concerts as well as an EP and an album of new music. And the completion of the final part of Celtic Frost's Requiem - originally begun in 1986, and continued in 2005 - for a unique performance onstage in 2019. Photographed at Triptykon's rehearsal space in northern Zurich, Switzerland, on December 27, 2017."
GigerFrost

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news indeed! Hope for some great stuff to be released in 2018.
Nocturnal Dimension

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright!!! great to hear progress is being made .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Celtic Frost General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: