Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Delineation II: Gradual Resurgence (Dec. 30, 2017)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nocturnal Dimension

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of the same thing along the lines of the Star wars movies ha!

i dont think there is a fan out there who would not want Reed , but as discussed elsewhere , -highly doubtful it will happen.
DL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbles wrote:
Please, can someone explain me - way back few years I read about "Part two requiem lost somewhere after CF firs split, and Part III is final". But now Part III from "Monotheist" is not final? And performance onstage in 2019?!

As I understood it, Tom has finally finished the missing (or "lost") second part. Extremely exciting news, am also very eager to hear more about it all!
Tom Gabriel Fischer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbles wrote:
Please, can someone explain me - way back few years I read about "Part two requiem lost somewhere after CF firs split, and Part III is final". But now Part III from "Monotheist" is not final? And performance onstage in 2019?!

The second part of Celtic Frost's Requiem was not "lost". It had never been written, which is something very different.

I began writing the Requiem in 1986, and I finished the first section for inclusion on the Into the Pandemonium album in 1987. I had always intended to eventually write a section two and three, but there was no urgency attached. We had also planned to eventually release an EP with the finished Requiem and, perhaps, perform it live at a special event.

These plans were utterly derailed, however, when I pathetically lost my sanity and credibility and recorded an abomination instead of a Celtic Frost album in 1988.

Upon reforming the group in 2001, Martin and I soon mused about finally finishing another section of the Reqiuem. The result was Winter, released on the Monotheist album, which was the third, and final part. The second part remained to be written (the sequence was of no importance to me as long as the entire piece wasn't finished). I thought that I would include it on a future Celtic Frost album.

Once again, Celtic Frost disintegrated before this could be accomplished, but ever since the formation of Triptykon, I have talked with the members of the band about one day finishing the missing second part of the Requiem and perhaps then recording and/or performing the entire three-part piece.

Due to the initiative of a friend of Triptykon late last year, we have now begun the process of writing this second part. The intention is, if all goes well, to perform the entire Requiem onstage in 2019. This will likely also be filmed.

Tom Gabriel Fischer
MEGIDDO

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already early May.
By rereading the text of 'gradual Resurgence' Tom says that the sessions for the new EP and album have started on that date with the new drummer. Also, rehearsals for one or more stage performances in 2018.
But, nothing indicates that the third album and what accompanies it will be published on this year and in view of the new project of Tom as the lack of information in terms of new releases to date (artwork, album title, release announcement ...) or the name of the new drummer, I have the feeling that nothing will arrive in stores for months or even 2019 ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: