Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Record Store Day 2018: Tragic Serenades pic disk re-release

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Celtic Frost General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paulie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject: Record Store Day 2018: Tragic Serenades pic disk re-release Reply with quote

Being released April 21st at record stores is all that's mentioned.
According to the RSD website, 2500 made.

Naturally, they'll be hoarded by record store employees and sold at astronomical markups on Ebay and Discogs. RSD is a farce.

So anyway, head's up, kids.

Best,
PAULIE
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily, I don't have to do that to me. I have the original picture disk and it's is still in top condition.
MEGIDDO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramon1969 wrote:
Luckily, I don't have to do that to me. I have the original picture disk and it's is still in top condition.

same here.
I'm looking for a copy of the black vinyl version with the lyrics insert. i had a copy in my hands in '86 and replaced it in the store ... crazy !!
copies on sale now are a thousand times too expensive.
drterror666

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got both picture disc and black vinyl versions, bought when they came out from Shades in London. The RSD version is just eBay fodder! I expect there'll be something on it that distinguishes it from the original, but I'm in no doubt that some scalpers will try to pass it off as the real deal!
frosted aussie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. As Tom wont see a cent from this release I see no reason to purchase. Besides the fact im also no fan of picture disks either and already have the original pressing on black vinyl so i'm already done.

Besides this its an interesting choice for release for RDS2018 and am left wondering whether its due to the other recent Frost re-issues for a last ditch cash grab. You will also notice there's also a Kreator picture disk available as well.
Nocturnal Dimension

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is also a Voi Vod Pic disc for sale it looks like - "Too Scared to Scream ".

I must say there is a lot of Chicago stores participating in this RST tomorrow. I might go and check it out since i've never been out to o ne of these. I know one store will have the CF pic disc since I already called. I'm not sure I will buy it but we'll see. I ve never owned it. on the other hand I'm not a fan of Pic Discs since the sound quality is sub par compared to the regular black vinyl and I don't collect records just to have them , I play what I buy , not let it sit on a shelf . I'll be interesting to see what it will cost.
drterror666

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only good thing about a picture disc is that you can display them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Celtic Frost General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: