Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Delineation II: Gratitude (Jun 1, 2018)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramon1969

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:49 am    Post subject: Delineation II: Gratitude (Jun 1, 2018) Reply with quote

"Gratitude"
MEGIDDO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Rickenbaker and what an amazing Grave Hill pic !
What is striking is that the photo of Tom could have been shot a month ago as the band musicians have a similar appearance. Yet 36 long years have passed. But if we go back to 1982, there is no risk of making a mistake by looking at a 1946 musician's picture.
Like we might think that in terms of Rock music, everything was created in the last half of the 20th century.
Svartmetall

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our perception of time and the passing thereof is changing dramatically as time goes on. I believe as a society we are in many ways more aware and alert to things than we were 50 years ago, due in no small part to the internet and the way it has made so much accessible to so many, so quickly.

When I was 12 and getting into rock, the popular music of 1940 seemed impossibly twee and archaic; here in 2018, the music of 1979 seems far more relevant and relatable to. It works on a personal level, too; tomorrow, I turn 51 yet I feel and live a hell of a lot younger of a lifestyle than the 51-year-olds I remember from back when I was 12.

How much of this is my own changing perspective due to getting older is hard to quantify; whether 50 is really the new 30 is anyone's guess, but it sure feels like it. Maybe heavy music really does keep you young Smile
drterror666

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not alone, because I feel like this, too. I'm a 24 year old trapped in the body of someone twice that age! When I think back to when I was a kid, the 50 year olds then felt really conservative and, to be honest, boring. Now I'm here at 48 and I'm listening to new music, whilst enjoying the old stuff. I think this is something that's happening to most of our generation!
Nocturnal Dimension

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like this as well . Gen X is pushing back the clock . or at least we want to think we are still young, at heart at least. im 47 but don't really think about it . when I see movies with actors that where my age a long time ago when I was a young punk I thought , man those guys are old ,but now I see my self in the mirror and others my age and we don't look like them. might be due to medicine, health care these days, life style or whatever but yeah we are seemingly younger than the 40- 50 year olds back decades ago.
Nocturnal Dimension

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like this as well . Gen X is pushing back the clock . or at least we want to think we are still young, at heart at least. im 47 but don't really think about it . when I see movies with actors that where my age a long time ago when I was a young punk I thought , man those guys are old ,but now I see my self in the mirror and others my age and we don't look like them. might be due to medicine, health care these days, life style or whatever but yeah we are seemingly younger than the 40- 50 year olds back decades ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Triptykon General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: