Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
"Are You Morbid" by: Tom Gabriel Fischer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Trade Info Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vornn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: "Are You Morbid" by: Tom Gabriel Fischer Reply with quote

I was wondering if any of you decided to sell your copy of the book; what would you ask for it? My ex-gf bought it for me and I don't want anything around me that reminds me of her.

Oh, and the book is in good condition, -not mint. Top right hand corner pages bent but no lose pages so forth. I only read it once.
DrMorbid
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: "Are You Morbid" by: Tom Gabriel Fischer Reply with quote

vornn wrote:
I was wondering if any of you decided to sell your copy of the book; what would you ask for it? My ex-gf bought it for me and I don't want anything around me that reminds me of her.

Oh, and the book is in good condition, -not mint. Top right hand corner pages bent but no lose pages so forth. I only read it once.

Only speaking from my personal feelings, I wouldn't even know how to assess the value of anything in my small collection.

You may feel differently about it,a and it may take a thumb through every now and then, but man, keep the book! Despite the fact that she gave it to you, don't let her and your negative feelings of her intrude on how you feel about it. I read my copy during a particularly tough time, and while reading it brings me back a bit, it brings to the realization of how far I've come and the information within is pretty priceless.

If you HAVE to do it, then so be it. If you can try and live with it in a healthy way, do it. Just don't regret it.
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kzr750r1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vornn if anything can you donate it to the community as the one copy that could be passed around? I would love to read it but not going to spend 100 bucks to do so. I've seen used copies go for quite a bit here and there.
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: "Are You Morbid" by: Tom Gabriel Fischer Reply with quote

It looks like US $125 is probably fair, based on the description that you give and the prices I am seeing at bookfinder.com. Maybe even a little higher.

And, by the way, "good" means anything but in the world of collectable books. The grades are, generally: like new, fine, very good, and good. It sounds like your copy is at least "very good" and maybe "near fine." It appears that "like new" copies are pushing US $200.

DrMorbid wrote:
If you can try and live with it in a healthy way, do it.

I vote for this. Avoiding the associations of this relationship could lead to a sense of regret, later, when you no longer have the book. You, obviously, are the only one that can decide what is healthy for you. But my vote would be for keeping the book. You've been hanging out here for a very, very long time. The band obviously means a lot to you and the book does cover a very interesting period of CF history. I also think that the book may have served as a meditative experience for Tom, which makes it interesting in it's own right. He obviously had to review the band's history and find some meaning in it. The book, to me, seems central to the process that led to Monotheist, meaning that Tom and Martin both said that, after they decided to start working together again, they had to reconceptualize what Celtic Frost would be in the new millenium. The book was at the beginning of that process and, to some extent, I have to believe it served as a touchstone for what Celtic Frost meant in the '80's and '90's. To some extent, I believe it served as a basis for the later Hellhammer book, as well.

Maybe I make too much of it, but that's where I stand.

CF: 84-93, 01-08. R.I.P.
nuke

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still looking for this, but I'm not ready to pay 150-200$ on a used book on Amazon... Any ideas where to find this?

Triptykon Facebook Fan Page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/111028230150/
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look [url=http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?author=&title=are+you+morbid&lang=en&isbn=&new_used=*&destination=us&currency=USD&mode=basic&st=sr&ac=qr]here[/url]. I'm not sure if Bookfinder only searches bookstores in N.A., but I imagine that international shipping on a book can't be that much.

nuke

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knucklehead wrote:
Look [url=http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?author=&title=are+you+morbid&lang=en&isbn=&new_used=*&destination=us&currency=USD&mode=basic&st=sr&ac=qr]here[/url]. I'm not sure if Bookfinder only searches bookstores in N.A., but I imagine that international shipping on a book can't be that much.

Thanks for your information! But, the cheapest is 113$... all the way up to 400$ - and I don't have that money for that at the moment. But thanks anway! I'm still hoping to stumble upon it some day... Smile

Triptykon Facebook Fan Page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/111028230150/
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it isn't cheap. It is one of those things that you just have to hold your nose and do. I am under the impression that there will be no second printing of this particular book, although there has been some talk about the new book covering some of this territory. This title, I expect, will only grow more expensive.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Trade Info Exchange All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: