Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Buried And Forgotten/Necromantical Screams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Hellhammer General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inverted Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Buried And Forgotten/Necromantical Screams Reply with quote

I don't know if many Hellhammer and Celtic Frost fans know that "Buried and forgotten" (Hellhammer) and "Necromantical screams" (CF) are in fact "the same" song but transformed. With this topic I only would like to honour Hellhammer to bring to our ears and to music one of the best concepts that a song could have in the eighties. Still I feel both songs are amazing, each in one side, still having the same roots, still not being the same composition.

I have always wondered what kind of impression could have people from the eighties while they listened to this concept of a song from the first time Shocked. And also which thoughts the fans of Hellhammer had when they listened to "Buried and forgotten" transformed into "Necromantical screams".
nemesisusurper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both songs are awesome, but I prefer Buried And Forgotten for its raw primitive and extremely heavy sound. I always wished CF would one day go back and use the guitar sound as found on the Satanic Rites demo and Apocalyptic Raids ep.

For a long time I considered Hellhammer to have by far the heaviest guitar sound on the planet, and the heaviness was unsurpassed by any other band until the early or maybe even mid 90's.

My alltime favourite guitar production.
Tom Gabriel Fischer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Buried And Forgotten/Necromantical Screams Reply with quote

A further Hellhammer song which was re-written for Celtic Frost is "Dethroned Emperor" (arisen from HH's "Power of Satan").

Also, "Visions of Mortality" was the last song ever written by Hellhammer, after the recording sessions for the "Apocalytic Raids" EP. Martin re-wrote the lyrics when we formed CF, and it became one of the first CF songs.

Tom Gabriel Fischer, Zurich, Switzerland
Inverted Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one better than the mind to explain the thought Wink
I didn't know "Dethroned Emperor" was the old "Power Of Satan". I should be more intereseted about this historical facts (not joking).
pignouf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how much time it took to shape HH's sound. However, when thinking to the poor technical means the band may have had at their beginning, they certainly had to borrow most of it. I'd say a little bit from Venom, and much more from crust (then called raw punk - see/listen Discharge, Amebix or Crude SS).
the neverman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pignouf wrote:
I'd say a little bit from Venom

undoubtedly...

just listen to "Metallic Storm"...

Wink

Last edited by the neverman on Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
the neverman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Buried And Forgotten/Necromantical Screams Reply with quote

Inverted Smile wrote:
I have always wondered what kind of impression could have people from the eighties while they listened to this concept of a song from the first time Shocked. And also which thoughts the fans of Hellhammer had when they listened to "Buried and forgotten" transformed into "Necromantical screams".

I too prefer Buried and Forgotten but I came to lsiten to it after Necromantical Screams which always was very impressive IMO...
as the lyrics tell "We wont feel.. there could be more"... I always was the idea that some peak level had been reached in morbidity... and to hear it played live these days is somthing great too... something unexepected Id say...

back to the subject I heard Buried and Forgotten afterwards because it took some time to put me hands on some Hellhammer material... back in 1984 I was only 14 yrs old and not into trading at all... the kids at school were more into Maiden or Mötley Crue hehe... I was the only one into Venom and none had heard about HH... but thats history...

just want to say that I really liked the sheer rawness that song has... and thinking its the basis upon which NS was composed gives it a bit of legendary touch...

my 2ct...
aeuk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inverted Smile wrote:
I didn't know "Dethroned Emperor" was the old "Power Of Satan".

Try listening em, first POS and then DE ... you might have some dejavu at least Wink
Paulie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be mistaken, but I think the St Gallen gig tape has that song introduced as "Buried and Forgotten," no? I totally disavow 99.9% of all bootlegs, but I was 15 when that gig happened, and a bit less discerning about such practices back then. The song obviously got an overhaul before being released in its final state. What an amazing track...

CF Forever

PAULIE
TheUsurper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Buried And Forgotten/Necromantical Screams Reply with quote

Tom Gabriel Fischer wrote:
Also, "Visions of Mortality" was the last song ever written by Hellhammer, after the recording sessions for the "Apocalytic Raids" EP. Martin re-wrote the lyrics when we formed CF, and it became one of the first CF songs.

Tom Gabriel Fischer, Zurich, Switzerland

This song has always been my favorite from Morbid Tales.
Elohim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delirium mimiqued the Celtic Frost style perfectly in their song 'Floods of Intricate', even with the upper tones stolen from 'Visions of Mortality'... Often the copycats suck, but Delirium did a fine job copying CF...
Kapalika

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, that Delirium Lp is for sure killer, should spin that later.

There are one or two band very very much "inspiried" that still sound great and those Dutchies belong to them in my opinion.
hellceltictrip

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its all true
MEGIDDO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great metamorphosis and both are amazing . I ve just listened "Buried anf Forgotten" At 4.30 , a big influence of THE Master Tony Iommi " Electric Funeral " Fucking connexion .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Hellhammer General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: