Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
Press Release: April 09, 2008
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Celtic Frost General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrMorbid
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cold Lake and to some, Vanity/Nemesis, were under the CF banner and did not emulate what the fans truly thought of Celtic Frost.
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Elohim

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that Tom will follow the path of heavy and dark music like on Monotheist, but a little bit different.

Martin will quit active music playing and build Prowling Death Records to a label unprecedented in the scene...
Totengott

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrMorbid wrote:
Cold Lake and to some, Vanity/Nemesis, were under the CF banner and did not emulate what the fans truly thought of Celtic Frost.

Awww but Vanity/nemesis is my fav Sad
And we sure as hell ain't taking no shit!
--Children of Bodom, Hate Crew Death Roll. COBHC!!
DrMorbid
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy V/N as well, though it seems orphaned to me because the lineage in music goes from the first three to Monotheist. Perhaps the lineage is even more along the lines of MT-TMT-Monotheist?
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Elohim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't rule out ITP, as Tom was always in favour of playing songs of that album. And Monotheist has some songs on it that bring us back to the time of ITP: 'A Dying God...', 'Drown in Ashes', 'Obscured' and 'Winter' for that matter!
Totengott

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have Nemesis of Power? I like that one too.

I dont know why no one ever talks about ITP. It really is a great album like Elohim says.

Most just mention MT, ER or TMT
And we sure as hell ain't taking no shit!
--Children of Bodom, Hate Crew Death Roll. COBHC!!
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totengott wrote:
I dont know why no one ever talks about ITP. It really is a great album like Elohim says.

Well, then you should feel at home, Totengott. Many here see ITP as the quintessential CF album.

CF: 84-93, 01-08. R.I.P.
Deni

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tottengott wrote:

Quote:

Tottengott, you're not alone!

Deni
Durtal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deni wrote:
Tottengott wrote:

Quote:

Tottengott, you're not alone!

Deni

Not my personal FROST favorite .... but I always thought that they did a much better job covering "This Island Earth" and "Heroes" better than Brian Ferry and David Bowie did with the originals .....

To Mega Therion for me .... I listened to that repeatedly,while reading those Elric novels at 13 ..... and WARRIOR sitting in that chair ...... Man,I wanted a sword .... I had Quorthon,Elric,Conan, and Warrior for childhood heroes ....

Heroes never die .....
Deni

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tottengott wrote:

Quote:
Does anyone have Nemesis of Power? I like that one too.

I just love it, as well the '92 demo! It's very sad that we can't get those recordings with a good sound quality.

The mentioned demos are being a great source of inspiration to me for the songwritings of the second Amarna Sky release, what I'm currently toying with the title of "Under The Sekhmet's Breath".

Deni
V-GER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could have been posted in the speculation thread but I posted it here because of the Franco material. This is an excerpt from an interview. The link is also posted for anyone although not much different from what I have read elsewhere:

"How come drummer Reed St. Mark couldn't be a part of the reunited band?
At the time he had health problems. It was clear for Martin and me that there would be no other drummer. We wanted to do it with Reed. I talked to Reed about it at length, but eventually we had to concede that it wouldn't be possible. Nowadays Reed is in a much better place. I talked to him a short time ago and he sounds fantastic. But at that time unfortunately it was impossible.

Now what seemed to Martin and me a total catastrophe at the time turned out to be almost a blessing. I say that carefully because I respect Reed. It wasn't easy to find a replacement for Reed as you can imagine. The one we eventually found was more willing to become a member of the band than Reed had ever been. Reed, for example, had never signed a recording contract with us where Franco (Sesa) is a full member of the band. He writes music and is involved in the artwork and production just like Martin and I. Eventually the album encountered such severe difficulties during these four years that some of them were only surmounted with Franco's help. I believe Franco now, looking back, was absolutely essential to this process. "

http://heavymetal.about.com/od/interviews/a/celticfrostinte.htm

Also, here is an excerpt from an email Tom replied to from J.R. of Dogmaticblog:

In his email to me Tom states: “…John, It is indeed a tragedy. I am deeply affected. Unfortunately, I don’t think things can be fixed, as the others don’t regard Celtic Frost to be that important…”
Durtal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V-GER wrote:
In his email to me Tom states: “…John, It is indeed a tragedy. I am deeply affected. Unfortunately, I don’t think things can be fixed, as the others don’t regard Celtic Frost to be that important…”

Perhaps familiarity breeds contempt ?
V-GER

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a new post on Delineation, a clearer view of the death of CF. I can empathize with Tom on making some poor decisions in my life with regards to business matters with partners and financial security. I am in quite a monumental debacle right now.................................... Confused
vornn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrMorbid wrote:

I can only speak for myself, but yeah. Celtic Frost is and was : Hellhammer, "Morbid Tales", "To Mega Therion", also "Into The Pandemonium", plus "Monotheist" but not an album I myself enjoy.

I regard "Monotheist" as a necessary occurence, a breath of fresh air to open the airways of creativity. The finding of ground, "cold lake" and "vanity nemesis" was just too far away from what I enjoyed about Celtic Frost is all.
DrMorbid
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vornn,

What was the concensus of the fan base at the time of "CF's return" for Vanity/Nemesis? That was the point where I finally found out directly who this Celtic Frost was in the form of an interview with Tom in Rip!, or some other mag. Didn't hear it until about ten years later.
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Celtic Frost General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: