Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
APOCALYPTIC RAIDS Re-Release on BACK ON BLACK
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Hellhammer General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A.O.D.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: APOCALYPTIC RAIDS Re-Release on BACK ON BLACK Reply with quote

Hail,
I read that the mini-LP will be re-released on red vinyl in november 2008, including both tracks from DEATH METAL as a bonus. Do you knwo something about the cover artwork ??? Will it be released in gatefold ???
peterott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was recently re-released (read: bootleg-ed me thinks) in Sweden with different vinyl-colours. But absolutely nothing to rave about in terms of coverdesign Sad

Hopefully Back On Black doesn't fuck up again like with so many of their releases (horrible packaging, horribly thin covers causing immediately ringwear, fucking up soundwise the of the complete B-side of Obituary's last LP, ...)
A.O.D.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter - nice to read something from you !!!
I heard about 180g vinyl, but that`s all I know at the time...
I have two or three BACK ON BLACK re-releases and they are okay, especially the EMPEROR - IN THE NIGHTSIDE ECLIPSE. Looks very good, sounds great. I never heard about mistakes on the latest OBITUARY-LP...cause I listen to the old ones only Wink
McDeath

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the original artist benefit in any way from this re-release series? Love McD.

Schaufensterpuppypharm

POM
A.O.D.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure all BACK ON BLACK releases are official ones.
McDeath

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not quite what I was asking. Case in point: remaindered books may not necessarily benefit the author. Having seen Tom's previous statements about the rights to the classic HH/CFworks, I was wondering whether this re-release would benefit him. Love McD.

Schaufensterpuppypharm

POM
Durtal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it doesn't have the PDR logo , or is not advertised somewhere on this site .... I aint buying it!
DrMorbid
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McDeath wrote:
Does the original artist benefit in any way from this re-release series? Love McD.

McD,

I am glad you addressed that. As far as I know, the only OFFICIAL HH release at this time, as far as the band was concerned, is the collection that was released earlier in the year.

As far as compensation, I can't say for sure (in terms of reproduction royalties and such). I would err on the site of what's official. They are likely official for a reason (or several).
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Zane Reed Johnson
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McDeath wrote:
That's not quite what I was asking. Case in point: remaindered books may not necessarily benefit the author. Having seen Tom's previous statements about the rights to the classic HH/CFworks, I was wondering whether this re-release would benefit him. Love McD.

MD,

I believe Tom (and Martin) do not receive any compensation for any of these releases (or re-releases) for "Apocalyptic Raids", "Morbid Tales", "To Mega Therion", and "Into the Pandemonium". The rights for these releases are currently held exclusively by Universal music. I believe Tom has said in interviews that he would not see the rights revert back to him until 70 years after his death...
www.celticfrost.com
www.hellhammer.org
www.demonentrails.com
www.onlydeathisreal.com
peterott

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A.O.D. wrote:
I never heard about mistakes on the latest OBITUARY-LP...cause I listen to the old ones only Wink

There are massive sound-fuck ups and attenuations on the left channel throughout the whole B-Side. Extremely annoying to listen to. But yeah, nothing goes over Slowly We Rot.

Burzum Re-Releases had a way too thin cover-paper (rrringewearrrr) so BoB was forced to make a second press as too many people and distributors complained. I hope they have learned, as the last BoB releases looked and sounded decently.
McDeath

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Official: what a wonderful weasel word that is. Thanks, Dr M and Zane, for your thoughts - they suggest that live shows have an important part to play in keeping the ship afloat, which can only be good for us . . . . Love McD.

Schaufensterpuppypharm

POM
Opolus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Momentarily I'm pretty undecided, whether I'll pick this one up, as I've got lots of varying pressings of that on anyway, be it CDs or -of course- vinyls. I'm afraid my filthy claws will grab it immediately though, after spotting the re-release for the first time, while the "Sitting Death" nods his approval, I guess... Laughing
Paulie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not have anything to do with it.
Galaxigrl68

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HATE the music biz sometimes...it's just so inherently wrong that EVER could be a release of an artists' material from where he would not benefit. But that's a record label for ya. I'd love to have "Apocolyptic Raids" on vinyl but out of principal, will not bother if the royalties don't go where they should.

www.myspace.com/helioscreedtributealbum
Opolus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galaxigrl68 wrote:
I HATE the music biz sometimes...it's just so inherently wrong that EVER could be a release of an artists' material from where he would not benefit. But that's a record label for ya. I'd love to have "Apocolyptic Raids" on vinyl but out of principal, will not bother if the royalties don't go where they should.

If that's your -maybe even honourable- stance, you'll get original pressings of "Apocalyptic Raids" on "Ebay" for pretty reasonable prices. At least the early pressings have no modified lettering (as on the title, from what I noticed) and the first pressings even include the insert with lyrics and killer pictures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> Hellhammer General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: