Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
What game are you currently into?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisdavisjr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting the clock back to 1997 and playing through Tomb Raider 2 on my Playstation. I think it still stands up after all these years.

But back to 2014, I'm excited about Alien: Isolation.

Handled properly, it could be the most terrifying game ever created.
D
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't even know about the new Alien game till you mentioned it, thanks!

Been on a bit of an old school kick myself lately, and as a result hooked my old homebrewed Wii back up and have been firing out some SNES classics, mainly Super Metroid. Some games never get old.
1349.com
darkfortress.org
D
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother loaned me his copy of The Last of Us, which is every bit the excellence in gameplay and storytelling it won all those awards for, but I have been spending more time on my limited edition Japanese 3ds Monster Hunter 4 edition. God damn my Kanji is rusty! Smile
1349.com
darkfortress.org
D
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much time for games lately, with helping to launch yet another start up business (I do this the last few years, help get it going, then when I see its going to succeed, get bought out and move on), and refreshing my graphic design skills after a far, far too long self induced hiatus, but I have been able to get a few moments in on the wonderfully elegant Child of Light.

http://youtu.be/zv2TqHu7xos/

A story of a little girl in Austria in the 1800's who falls into a deep sleep of death, leaving her father utterly heartbroken thinking shes dead, but she s actually spending the course of this Metroidvania/turn based RPG on the quest to return to her miserably heartbroken father and soothe his pain and reunite. Another fine example proving games as not just entertainment, but art, with amazing watercolor visuals, period accurate childrens storybook presentation and somber, depressing music.
1349.com
darkfortress.org
SigSwat551

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone on here with a PS4 and planning to get Driveclub next week?
D
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still dont own any of the new wave of consoles, but I did finally get Lightning Returns, Final Fantasy XII. Damn fine game.

PC wise, I also had a little time to dive into Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Now thats a step in the right direction on many levels. Alien Isolation is currently downloading on my light speed 150 kbps @_@ connection, so hopefully before the new millennium I can actually get that one installed.

Havent really been into games as much as I was a year or so ago. Lifes demands (read: other peoples bullshit) keep getting in the way of the things I love to do. Figures too, I spent what seemed like an eternity ironing a few of my own issues only to have a pile of shit from outside sources to replace them. Missing the simple days of picking up a game controller in between designing shit on Pshop/Dreamweaver. Perhaps it's time I did a 'Woodshed' for a month or two and come out with some amazing shit.....
1349.com
darkfortress.org
Durtal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D wrote:
I spent what seemed like an eternity ironing a few of my own issues only to have a pile of shit from outside sources to replace them.

Something must be in the air, bro ... I tell ya, sometimes I think a transfer to a distant cluster of stars would be much better than playing this social hierarchy game ... I was living the dream, until I was broadsided on my bike at 42 mph earlier this year ... We've talked, and can both relate

But, on the next episode of Oprah ...

The last "modern" system I purchased was a ps3 ... Too vast of a collection to get excited about the next big thing anymore ... Maybe it is old age creeping in ... Is that what actually happens when 40 is just a few years away? Great ...

Anyways, I like my shmups, so tonight I am playing Einhander ... the only shooter that Square ever made, and one of my favorite ... the ost is pretty badass as well!
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durtal wrote:
I was living the dream, until I was broadsided on my bike at 42 mph earlier this year ...

Woah, wait: what? Were you on a motorcycle?

Are you okay?

CF: 84-93, 01-08. R.I.P.
Durtal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knucklehead wrote:

Thank you for your concern, man - I apologize that even while using most forms of social media, I usually don't put my "stuff" out there - Drawing attention to myself is a thing I never handled to well since I was a kid - Anyways, to answer your question: Yes, I was on a bike (Dyna Super Glide Sport) - In the 1/10th of a second I remember before the point of impact, I was more fearful on dumping the bike than anything else, in that "oh shit" moment - A captain goes down with his ship - I woke up in the ICU, and spent a few months there on a nicely sedated sabbatical

Knucklehead wrote:
Are you okay?

The worst of my injuries, was a Epidural Hematoma - That honestly almost ended my tenure here - Countless surgeries, speech and physical therapies aside, I can honestly say, that I am okay - I could go on and on with how much I lost, and how this and that changed in my life - I am thankful to be alive, and not in a much worse condition - To be honest, there is nothing more humbling, than not being able to wipe your own ass for a couple months to make you look at life differently
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durtal wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:

Thank you for your concern, man - I apologize that even while using most forms of social media, I usually don't put my "stuff" out there - Drawing attention to myself is a thing I never handled to well since I was a kid - Anyways, to answer your question: Yes, I was on a bike (Dyna Super Glide Sport) - In the 1/10th of a second I remember before the point of impact, I was more fearful on dumping the bike than anything else, in that "oh shit" moment - A captain goes down with his ship - I woke up in the ICU, and spent a few months there on a nicely sedated sabbatical

Knucklehead wrote:
Are you okay?

The worst of my injuries, was a Epidural Hematoma - That honestly almost ended my tenure here - Countless surgeries, speech and physical therapies aside, I can honestly say, that I am okay - I could go on and on with how much I lost, and how this and that changed in my life - I am thankful to be alive, and not in a much worse condition - To be honest, there is nothing more humbling, than not being able to wipe your own ass for a couple months to make you look at life differently

Holy shit. I'm glad to hear that you're pulling through. There are others here who have sworn off bikes because of the danger and the fact that motorists just don't fucking look. I ride occasionally and have felt pretty safe, but it just goes to show that things can change in an instant.

I've been wondering where you were, as you haven't been around the usual places. I just wish your absence would have been for some other reason. Almost any other reason, really.

CF: 84-93, 01-08. R.I.P.
Akhenaton

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd noticed your absence as well, Durtal, & checked your profile to see when you posted last. I missed your energy around these parts. I just finished posting an answer to Knucklehead's query about an injury that I sustained recently (a sprained knee) in another thread, ending it with "it could have been worse", after which I click over here & read your detailed account of a far far worse scenario not a minute later... Synchronicity, anyone?
SigSwat551

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Durtal. Good to hear from you again and it seems you have (more or less) come to terms with the situation. Best of luck man!
D
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad youre doing better man, was worried about ya there for a while.

Einhander...damn forgot about that one, good pull. I've been playing the PSN remake of Dracula X on my PSP, but thats about as far back as I've gone in regards to old school lately. Upgraded the custom firmware on that little bastard so I can JP Onry (lol) iso's of Final Fantasy type 0 and Sword Art Online. The Otaku in me will never rest, and no matter how good a game is, I get bored quick. But, when facing a huge language barrier and a ton of Kanji, I seem to be right at home. Something about having a translation guide and playing something almost primarily meant for a Japanese audience just seems right.

Although hunting Uruk warchiefs in Mordor never gets old. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdy5Gq-WoSM
1349.com
darkfortress.org
Durtal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to write a nice response, but the attempt at eloquent words always seems like a feeble attempt at gratitude - What can really be said? Shit unfortunately happens to us all - So, I just wanted to thank you, everyone, for the kindness - Life goes on, onward and upward!

As for games ... well, this one never gets old Smile

Melancholia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal Gear Solid V - Ground Zeroes - PlayStation 4

Way too short, I just finished the game in two days and unlocked new missions and I am in the process of making it to the end

I must say that the gameplay is awesome but I am not sure if this one is better than the previous one but still classic nonetheless
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: