Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in to check your private messages Log in Delineation
What game are you currently into?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eville77

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still the best RE is the first one, graphics sucks but the feeling is amazing....

What is this... Wow what a mansion!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/eville77
chrisdavisjr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever play the remake of RE1 on Gamecube?
Durtal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you thought those "Regenerators" from RE4 were creepy , wait till you see some of the "things" you'll be contending with in Africa ...... as well as the rest of the globe!

RE5 will be an awesome game , trust me !

Playing these at the moment:

Street Fighter 4 !!!!!!!!!! Nuff Said!

and

Radiant Silvergun (Saturn) and it's sequel Ikaruga (Dreamcast) - Two of the absolute best "shooters" ever made!
D
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on another sabbatical from World of Warcraft. I do this every few months so I can catch up on what the industry has been up to. Wink
Lately I have been spending some time in the shoes of Geralt of Rivia, the main character from The Witcher books by Andrzej Sapkowski, in the game of the same name. Note: Unlike the WoW screenies earlier in the thread, these shots are not my own. I can't seem to find where the screenshots for these games are held on my machines.

Geralt getting some "information" outside the brothel in the city of Vizima.

Geralt outside the home of one of his associates.

Also I have been playing another dungeon crawler called Sacred 2.
Pretty basic Diablo type stuff, but with a more WoW like free world and camera control.

These screens from Hellgate: London are mine, I was able to track them down to an odd folder in the install hierarchy. Running under DirectX 10 btw.

The game's online aspect lost major momentum a tad over a year after release, but fortunately, the single player content is nearly identical. Sucks to loose my mid level character I had on the developers servers... but oh well.

As of late I have been playing with a few free to play MMO's from Asia that use a very unique business model, in that the game is free to DL and play, but if you want to pick up little extras like custom clothing and the like for your character, you can purchase them from an actual online store for real $$.

Anyone interested in some cool freebie games check out:
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine from Japan

Cabal Online from Korea
D
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With these trying economic times in mind, I've come across and been spending some time catching up on and completing some games, (been laid off for 2 weeks) and also becoming familiar with some of the truly outstanding free to play (F2P) products available. Most notably is the recently live Runes of Magic. An MMO unlike any other free MMO in the aspect that it is actually really, really good. This product could stand on its own on the store shelves and 20 levels in I still find myself amazed that this game is totally free. Great classes and balance make for a killer level grinder.

Also I have just been turned on to Quake Live by my 16 yr old son. They have a full running version of Quake 3 that runs in Java with surprisingly little system requirements. My user name is Dinopoulos if anyone cares to partake.

For the kiddies or just young at heart, Cartoon Network has a free to play action MMO called Fusion Fall. It's not exactly breaking any new ground, but for a free product the quality is certainly there.

As far as what I've finished in the not so free area, Gears of War2 and Resistance 2 and I just recently obtained a copy of Street Fighter IV for the PS3. I haven't played SF regularly for almost 10 years, but after about 15 minutes I had almost all my old M.Bison tricks coming back Wink

Last edited by D on Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Durtal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D wrote:
I just recently obtained a copy of Street Fighter IV for the PS3.

Hang tight if you missed out on the first run of the Tournament stick , as MadCatz promises to make more. Don't be suckered by all the eBay douche-bags who are charging 3x retail price.

The stick is awesome ...... but not a full week's pay awesome ..

Also , if you are a glutton for punishment (like me) , give this game a try ... I dare you lol

http://Kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/

Rockin these Ninja titles as of late:

Tenchu: Shinobi Gaisen (JP version of Tenchu: Stealth Assassins)

Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven \m/

Shinobi X (This UK version (PAL) ironically has the better ost , very reminiscent of Yuzo Koshiro's previous work.)

Ninja Gaiden: Sigma (Sigma #2 later this year!)

and ....... Ikaruga .... although this is a shmup (acronym for shoot-em-up) , it is one of the absolute best! .... if you do not own a Dreamcast or Gamecube (Wii compatible) ..... download it at XBLA for a measely 1200 points!

....... Now only if Treasure would only update Radiant Silvergun in HD !!
Sons-of-Venom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Family has been at war in the form of WORMS 4 this last few evenings Smile
SigSwat551

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS3 - KILLZONE 2
X360 - GOW 2
WII - okami/mario galaxy
pc - stopped playing games on the PC 2 years ago
DS - mario kart
psp - LocoRoco (roll on)
iphone - rolando ( yes, i like rolling stupidly cute looking things across the screen)
Durtal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SigSwat551 wrote:
psp - LocoRoco (roll on)
iphone - rolando ( yes, i like rolling stupidly cute looking things across the screen)

Have you tried Katamari Damacy?

Wii - Opoona

Sega Saturn (JP) - Radiant Silvergun

Ps2 - Gradius 5

Here is probably one of the best players of my all-time favorite game Ikaruga (nowhere as "easy" as it looks). What is also cool about this great game is that only 4 people developed it!

(Stage 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj23K8Ri68E&feature=channel_page

(Stage 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-zSi0xt9fY&feature=channel_page

(Stage 3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2W4KK994WA&feature=channel_page

(Stage 4)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPx-oznzdTs&feature=channel_page

(Stage 5)
*omitted* (If you are ever lucky enough to get to the final stage,I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise for ya))
SigSwat551

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Have you tried Katamari Damacy?
Yes i did and i like it also. I see you are into real hardcore shooters. I like them to (R-type) but i am not realy good at them. The footage Ikaruga of is amazing.
Durtal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SigSwat551 wrote:
I see you are into real hardcore shooters. I like them to (R-type) but i am not realy good at them.

The more you do something,the better you get!

lol ..... not too many players out there are "flawlessly" perfect at danmaku (bullet hell). I think there is actually only 5 people in the entire world who can actually beat the True Last Boss of Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou without a death,or using less than 3 bombs lol.

Ikaruga is no exception! If you observe closely , you'll see a pallet swap (Red/White) between barrages of bullets .... If you are "red" , the "white" stuff will fuck you up more , and so on!

That is the "beauty" of it ........

"Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle,there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all"

~Sun Tzu~
D
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few more board breakers Wink this time I took some screenies while playing Call of Duty:World at War. I'm a sucker for relatively historically accurate WW2 scenarios, and this is about 1/2 way through the game playing as a Russian during their push into Germany.

Haven't been to it in over a week though, due to my total immersion in the Fallout 3 editor G.E.C.K. Screenies of all my wonderful post apocalyptic adventures come out skewed though, which kind of sucks. There are some killer things to be seen.
SigSwat551

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn i like the CoD series too. Im especially fond of CoD 2.
D
Triptykon.net

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inFamous on the PS3 has me completely absorbed.

It's a GTA style open world game that revolves around Cole, a bike messenger who ends up having his package blow up in his lap, taking out everything in a 6 block radius and leaving the city in a state of anarchy, and him with electrical superpowers. Fun shit. I can't put it down. Between this and my reboot of Warhammer Online, I'm in gaming Nirvana these days. Gotta stay busy while laid off somehow right?

Gameplay and trailer @ YouTube:

inFamous
1349.com
darkfortress.org
SigSwat551

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D wrote:
inFamous on the PS3 has me completely absorbed.

OK you've got me convinced. I liked the demo too. The game is out here today so i'm going to get it right now. Btw what's your PS3 tag so i can add you to the list?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Triptykon/Celtic Frost/Hellhammer Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17

Jump to: